• Register Today It's free!

Sync phone issues

akcinci

Reaction score
City, State
Mathews, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
Dear all, new member here searching for advice. I have a 2013 XLT and cannot get phone audio when making a phone call. I have had I phones 6, 8 and now 11. Formerly worked with iphone 6 and 8 and then suddenly stopped. The phone dials out though the receiver of my call can hear me, I cannot hear them on the car audio. Also the sync voice command is not working. Any insights or advice? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did the lack of voice command audio occur at the same time as the phone issue? I would suspect that the problem is not with your phone but with the feature that controls the audio for both. Possibly the ACM (Audio Control Module). :dunno:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did the lack of voice command audio occur at the same time as the phone issue? I would suspect that the problem is not with your phone but with the feature that controls the audio for both. Possibly the ACM (Audio Control Module). :dunno:

Peter
Dear Peter,
Thank you for the response. Yes, they did happen simultaneously. Faulty ACM was the dealer diagnosis. Is it easy to replace? No problem turning a wrench, I see that the cost of an ACM is about $100. Cannot find a good youtube source for dismantling and would appreciate any guidance. Thank you!
Andy

Hi Andy. I don't have any experience or knowledge about how to go about replacing the ACM. Perhaps another member may be able to assist.

Peter

Back