• Register Today It's free!

phonebook address format

CDNexp

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited 2012
Dear IVT team, what will be the best format to add address to contacts in a way the navigation will recognize. I have samsung galaxy s2 and I hve the address fields properly filled with the righr info but everytime i try set a contact as a destination i get this message "update cotact info on your phone" or something like that. I tried to delete extra fields like the postal code and keep only street number and name but no luck. Any ideas... Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think it is really a particular format to the address. (I thought it was this at first) I think that it just says this when it cannot find the address. Try taking one that doesn't work and try to find it manually on the nav system. Then rework your address to street names that were found.

tpchristian said:
I don't think it is really a particular format to the address. (I thought it was this at first) I think that it just says this when it cannot find the address. Try taking one that doesn't work and try to find it manually on the nav system. Then rework your address to street names that were found.

Are you saying that you actually managed to make it work? Because when I enter the address manually it works fine.

Yes, I have it working. I don't know if I have every single contact working because I haven't tried them all. At first I thought that none of them worked and that I needed to find the right format. However, I then noticed that some of them worked. I re-entered my addresses on some key ones that didn't work and they did. I am also syncing over contacts one at a time. (instead of the whole phonebook) I cannot remember which issue that was for so I bring it up just in case that was part of it as well.

Thanks tpchristian for the info... I guess I'll have to check them one by one and see. What phone do you have?

Back