Piaa 510 bulb upgrade !! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Piaa 510 bulb upgrade !!

well....I finally got the Piaa 510 ion fogs installed yesterday,but
instead of swapping out my stock lamps for the piaa,I mounted them on my manik brush guard.,but what I noticed right off was that these were not bright enough ?,I phoned piaa and spoke to someone who said I can jump to an 85 watt bulb part # 13085,
this should be perfect,I also am getting upgraded bulbs from Hella
for my stock fogs {they use an H-1 bulb},I got the 30 +1 somewhere around 65 or 85 watts :) , this should make a huge
improvement !!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im interesed in your 85w bulb swap. If its a noticeable difference or not. Thinking about doing the same with my 520 SMR.

the 85's are in !

but from what I understand.....piaa gave me the weakest of the 85 watt bulbs for my 510's ?.
they gave me the #13085,there is also the 13485 and the 15485,that are both more powerful,I just finished putting them in
and since it's morning,I'll just have to wait to try them out tonight

well, its not that you got the weakest bulb, its that you got the stock bulb. If they put the best bulbs in their stock lights, no one would upgrade their bulbs :). By the way, soupbone, I received my SMR lenses yesterday, I MAY be getting them in this weekend, I'm going to do a little test with them. I'm going to use the stock bulbs and take a few pictures, then install their new line of bulbs, the "Xtreme White" line, which are actually a lower wattage light but supposedly come "closer to HID" then the superwhite line. So we'll see :).

Matt..these are an upgraded bulb !!

I just put in an 85 watt part # 13085,what came as stock in the 510's were a 55 watt bulb.and the 13085's are the weakest of the 85 watt bulbs.
I sure hope this is much brighter ?

I wonder whats really brighter. Lower watts but higher color temp or higher watt lower color temp.

Back