Picked up our '14 Limited!!

miraj

Reaction score
City, State
Park Ridge, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Chevy Trailblazer
Well worth the wait.
We got the black ext, with black & pecan interior - really looks great. It is a bit light in the sun - certainly looks darker online via the brochure and the 360 view features on ford.com - but it still looks great.

We got just about every feature you could on a limited. 302a, adaptive, moon-roof, 20 inch, wheels, tow package. We did go with the bench in the back.

We did a thorough inspection, there was only one minor scratch, but the dealership was able to buff it out. I had read that dings and things were an issue for some folks on this board.

Crystal and team at Ford Customer service were great providing information.

We put in our order on 10/1, got a VIN# 2-3 weeks later. Got our Window sticker the first week of November with the build date 11/16. Car arrived on 11/20. - so about 7.5 weeks.

The only slight negatives were learning that the park assist only works on the right side and that the lane departure warning is only active in adaptive cruise mode - I would have thought it would be able also of use in normal driving.

We are just learning and getting used to the Sync system. We have a bit of a learning curve there. But, working out well overall.

Overall it is great. We are so happy so far. I would post pictures, but I am afraid I don't know how. If anyone can tell me how to paste pictures here, I would appreciate it.

thanks to you all on this board for the messages and info.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats... to post pics you need to have a place to host them and then you link to them like so....

Code:
[img]<url to your image>[/img]

So
Code:
[img]http://dorightsoftware.com/pics/Explorer.jpg[img]
Will display as:
Explorer.jpg

Congrats on the new wheels, you ordered pretty much the same time as me, glad to see you got yours.

My understanding of the Park Assist, is that in order to have it find a parking spot on the left hand side you need to have your signal on to the left while it is scanning for a spot. Atleast this was the case when I did the Escape tour (2013 Escape launch) with Ford last summer.

Cheers

Well worth the wait.
We got the black ext, with black & pecan interior - really looks great. It is a bit light in the sun - certainly looks darker online via the brochure and the 360 view features on ford.com - but it still looks great...

Fantastic news, miraj! I just knew you'd love your new Explorer. ;)

Crystal

Back