Pictures of alteeza tailights 02-03 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures of alteeza tailights 02-03

I realize that the alteeza lights for 02-03 Explorers are on the market. Although I have not seen any on any explorers yet. Does anyone on this board have any pictures of what they look like installed? I am hoping to see the crystal clear ones as well as the bermuda black ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive seen the black ones on a new expedition.... makes me wish they had them for the sports REAL BAD =(

its hawt

I ordered mine yesterday from ProCarParts.com crystal clear. I will have pics of them as soon as they come in, which should be in the next couple of days they were already shipped yesterday

Cool make sure you post a pic.

hey timmy do they look like these?
dpstore_1745_4559756

Nope i saved $100 and got a lil different style

here is 3 pics

pic 1
374384_12.jpg

pic 2
374384_11.jpg

pic 3
374384_13.jpg

God punishes those who put clear taillights on Fords....

-JR

I don't think we need those kinds of comments.

Oh but we do! Someone needs to be the voice of dissent and reason on these things.... They're called altezzas because they belong on an ALTEZZA, not a Ford. Buy an IS300 or the new RX330!
One major issue is that most of the Altezza style taillamps are missing functionality which existed in the OEM taillamp (safety reflectors). Functionality which was required for certification with the federal standard. Lens material is sub-par, often yellowing or hazing. Over time, less light is given off and may be a safety hazard. In addition, many of these types of taillamps may have sealing problems.

-JR

There are over 80 (over 29,000 tail light assemblies) models of 'euro' tail lights made by APC that are being safety recalled by the NHTSA.
See here

Seems every aftermarket tail made for hondas have been recalled...
Click here

Originally posted by johnrobinson
Oh but we do! Someone needs to be the voice of dissent and reason on these things.... They're called altezzas because they belong on an ALTEZZA, not a Ford.
They why are they make them for Fords? To each his own!!

hey, you read the thread name before you clicked it. i'm sorry you don't like the tail lights but some of us do. thanks for the info though!!! it really helps to know what altezza's were intentionally made for..... lol

Originally posted by Timmy
hey, you read the thread name before you clicked it. i'm sorry you don't like the tail lights but some of us do. thanks for the info though!!! it really helps to know what altezza's were intentionally made for..... lol

I agree!

I also agree, To each his own!! But seriously please dont bash on something you don't like, Their are alot of us that like something different just like you I'm sure. We are all ford lovers here and we dont need to be hatin' eachother....

Originally posted by TravisC
They why are they make them for Fords?

What the... pull yourself together there kid. :D

The point of a message board is to ask and answer questions and express your opinon. What he says is true about build quality and how most of the tail lights have been recalled. APC is one of the few companies that make altezzas that register them with the NHTSA. The reason they make the tails for Fords and other makes is because there are people who will buy them. They don't care about build quality or the safety factors. I think johnrobinson should not have posted the comment about god punishing people for altezzas, but I agree with him that the altezzas are gay. I don't care if you like them because it's your car you can do what you like. It's just my opinion that they suck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was actually a picture that I had that went along with the God punishment theme that was quite funny but the linky no worky. The comment did seem a bit harsh without the pic but clear tails are still gay and unsafe. Although it can't be worse than the fart-can exhaust I saw on a new X the other day..sounded and looked like crap!
It's funny how people put something on their vehicle because it's "EURO", well, the Europeans try to get federalized stuff (US ver.).

-JR

Back