Pioneer avic-n2 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer avic-n2

mechanic021 said:
Im trying to hook it up like its supposed to im not trying to bypass it

in post #3 you said you were trying to bypass it. so which is it?

"mechanic021: I read some articles about people being able to bypass it but of course no one says how they did it. I would love to have a avic n1 but where I can get the n2 they discontinued them. Basically this is a one time deal I own a transmission shop and a guy who owns a stereo shop needs his trans rebuilt so we might decide on a trade he gets his transmission rebuit and I get the n2. "

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not at this time I just want it hooked up like its supposed to be im not gonna monkey around with such exspensive equipment with switches and everything. Im installing it just like the directions say

ok then. id just do what the other guy suggested and see which constant it is.

sorry I wasnt clear on what I wanted I had just meant I heard the n2 could be bypassed lol

mechanic021 said:
sorry I wasnt clear on what I wanted I had just meant I heard the n2 could be bypassed lol

its all good. i know that it can be bypassed, but from what i've read its a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble. i hope the install goes well for you.

I got it all installed figured out the brake thing the piggy back wire connect they gave me is crap so im gonna solder the connections to gether so it wont work loose. So far its a pretty cool unit still gonna take me awhile to learn how to use it.

mechanic021 said:
I got it all installed figured out the brake thing the piggy back wire connect they gave me is crap so im gonna solder the connections to gether so it wont work loose. So far its a pretty cool unit still gonna take me awhile to learn how to use it.

as with all new gadgets now a days.

Back