What pressure for Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What pressure for Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts

After your advice, the survey results on Tire Rack, and the sale price on Tire Rack ($65 ea.), I decided to buy the Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts. I'll probably mount them next week on the other set of wheels, and swap from the mud tires to the Pirellis before I travel home for spring break. Anyway, what pressure do you normally run for best tire wear on these tires for size 235/75/15? I ran my Goodyear Wrangler AT/Ss between 30-35 for 42k miles, and I still managed to wear the outsides faster than the insides despite multiple burnouts, but this could be to driving style.

I would say anywhere between 32 and 35 PSI should be fine, go a little higher if your truck is heavier like mine, less if it's basically stock.

Originally posted by jjue
After your advice, the survey results on Tire Rack, and the sale price on Tire Rack ($65 ea.), I decided to buy the Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts. I'll probably mount them next week on the other set of wheels, and swap from the mud tires to the Pirellis before I travel home for spring break. Anyway, what pressure do you normally run for best tire wear on these tires for size 235/75/15? I ran my Goodyear Wrangler AT/Ss between 30-35 for 42k miles, and I still managed to wear the outsides faster than the insides despite multiple burnouts, but this could be to driving style.

the uneven wear is most likely because your truck is out of alignment or you didnt rotate your tires enough

Back