Pirelli Scorpion Zero question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pirelli Scorpion Zero question

I am thinking of getting these tires for my Explorer but I don't like the yellow scorpion thats on the sidewall. Does the tire have the scorpion on both sides or just one? If its only on one, Ill get them and mount them with the scorpion on the inside. Those of you that have them, please respond. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is just on one side. I have four of these tires for 17"
rims for sale if you want them. They still have a whole lodda tread left, i just decided to lift instead of street look. Let me know.

brian's right. theyre only one side, and youll love the tires, theyre amazing :)

Trckmagik

Do you still have the Scorpion's for sale? Are they the Scorpion Zero's and if so what size are they. I just got a set of 17inch Cobra R's so I might be interested. Also, how much tread would you say are left on them? thanks.

You should go with the tires. They are awesome..

whoa- hold up here i really, really want those tires. what size are they exactly??? if no one who posted first wants them let me get some dibs

Thanks for the info! I have 15" rims so the rest of you guys battle it out to see who gets them. :D

These are the exact tire size that explorer express runs on their explorer w/ the 1 3/4 drop. I am willing to let these go for 35.00 a tire. 140.00 total plus the shipping. This makes this a great deal still being that there are a few years of tread left. The first one that says they have money on its way can get these. There not hard to ship at all.

i have the money
can i have a pic of the tread thats left before i send it. thank you so much

What PSI do you guys run in these tires. I have them and the shop put about 45 PSI in them. They look fine and ride fine but I'm going on a 1200 mile trip this week and I want to make sure they are right. BTW, on the tire is says 51 PSI max.

45 is way too much.... especially if masx is 51..... basically in truck tires as an industry generis spec, most will be bettween 30-35 psi and that will be on a tire with a max pressure of 50..... 45 is too close to the max of 51.....

Here's a suggestion for the neat freaks... when you have the Zero's mounted, have the little yellow Scorpion's mounted near the valve stem. Looks much better.

How bout mounting them with the yellow Scorpion on the inside so you dont have to keep that little guy clean? :D

Do you want to sell just one of those rims there..eh?

I need a nice full size spare and it sure would look nice on those rims that match mine.

If not that is cool.

If I could get enough buyers to buy the other 3, then Id split them and sell you one.

Back