Plastic Trim Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Plastic Trim Removal

blacklab

Reaction score
City, State
bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
I've got a 98 Sport that I'm going to use primarily off road. Can I ditch the plastic trim around the wheel wells and rockers, without it looking weird, or causing other issues?
Some pictures showing the results would be appreciated.
I know it's a matter of time before it ends up on the trail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did it on mine with no problems' it makes plug changes alot easier. Ill get some pics in a bit.

Yeah you can, but you'll need to plug the holes that hold them on.

Did it on mine. Only real issue its all the holes left by the skirts. I capped all mine off with plastic push in fasteners.

Before

After

Where did you get the "fasteners" and what Qty/size are they so I can pre-purchase before hand. Looks good by the way.

Did it on mine. Only real issue its all the holes left by the skirts. I capped all mine off with plastic push in fasteners.

Before

After

She looks way better without the skirts IMO :thumbsup:

I have a '99 Eddie Bauer and want to change to no steps, trim and go to the smaller '97 styled bumper. How can I remove my flaring without it looking like ????

ALSO, has anyone one here ever used rubber bushings/spacers & long grade 8 bolts for the bumpers to stick out an extra... I'm hoping 2-2.5 inches??

Zombar

you could or have you thought of doing the bottom 6 inches or so in sprayed on bed liner so the plugs wouldnt look cheapish - - but in your last pic they're good looking. I couldnt see them. didnt know if it was pic angle or just not a close up like previous

Back