• Register Today It's free!

NGS811

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer EB 4wd
hello everyone,
i am lost and cant seem to find the right answer. i have a 2010 Explorer EB A4wd V6, i was driving one day and after coming to a stop i proceeded to make a left hand turn the front drivers side tire binded up. after stopping and trying to go again the tire seemed to make 3/4 of a rotation and binded up again. i had to let off the gas tap the break for it to release, it did but not even a full rotation later it binded again and has done it since. while it was binding up, the TC light would come on. after doing this a few times the 4x4 light would come on and id need to stop and hit the 4x4 auto button to get it out of 4wd. this happened the whole way until i got home. i proceeded to change the drivers side half shaft, hub assembly, front diff, drivers side tie rod, and caliper rotor and pads. Now it does not bind while drivint straight but when turning and was still showing the TC light and putting itself into 4x4. i then decided to disconnect the 4wd connector on the transfer case to see if it was something with thr 4wd system. it drivers better and doesnt do it everytime i turn but did do it again 2 times in about a 12 turn drive. Dont know what to do or where to go from here. any thoughts ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Back