PLEASE HELP...A/C Controls Going Crazy! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PLEASE HELP...A/C Controls Going Crazy!

holliwood98

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Tx.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Ok, so on my 2014 XLT with the 8" Sync 2 screen controls, it's been acting a little weird lately. For a while now, when the AC is running and the compressor would come on, the engine would surge where the RPMs would drop for a second. NOTE: It's been doing that for a few years. However, the other night, I was sitting in a drive thru with the AC on Lo, and the engine surged for a second, then the AC controls on the screen went from Lo and started gradually increasing (61, 62, 63, etc) until it got to Hi. I turned it back to Lo, but it did it again. THen, I tried to hit the MAX AC button, and it wouldn't work, so I hit the AC Power button to just turn the system off, but it wouldn't turn off either. So, I messed with the buttons for a few minutes, then got it to stay on 61 degrees, and it's been on that since.
Has anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it may be an issue with the Sync module or something. Is there a way to RESET the HVAC system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would start by just disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, reconnect and see if the problem persists.

So I’ve never used Auto before. What exactly does that do?

AFAIK it just comes on and off to reach your set temperature for each side. I *think* mine (my '14) is on auto, but still I control fan speed, and whether max/recirc mode.

So I’ve never used Auto before. What exactly does that do?
As per the Manual;
AUTO: Press to turn on fully automatic operation. Select the desired
temperature using the temperature control. The system automatically
determines fan speed, air distribution, A/C operation, and outside or
recirculated air, to heat or cool the vehicle to maintain the selected
temperature.

Auto mode can also be used to turn ON certain features when using remote start.

Peter

Back