• Register Today It's free!

Please help!!!

jakerut18

Reaction score
City, State
Sandy, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Sport
hey there, im kinda new to this whole sight as a member but ive looked for answers here in the past. i have a '93 explorer sport that for a wile has been bucking/jerking wile im driving down the road at any random time. and when it does this the tachometer go's nuts, flying up and down. then it normally quits after a couple seconds. i changed the fuel filter and it stoped for a wile. but it started again like a week ago after i went through a deep "puddle" and i may have gotten a little water in the intake. i dove it home wile it was acting up and now it wont start unless i spray starter fluid into the throttle body. it idles for a minute or two and then slowly dies. anybody help? ive replaced the fuel filter, coil pack, and ICM.

thanks, jake. :(

Check your fuel pump.
Although that would not explain your tachometer freaking out, it sounds like it might be the culprit.
I believe there is a schrader valve on the fuel rail, check it for the presence of fuel under pressure.
(schrader valve looks like the valve on your tire where you put the air in)

i found the schrader valve on the fuel rail and when i pushed on the little pin fuel came rushing out. but, i disconeccted my mass air flow sensor and my rig started up and ran kinda normal. and the tach stopped freaking out. so that might have been the problem.

thanks for the help!:)

replaced the mass air flow sensor with one from the junk yard (just to see what happened) and it runs fine but now the check engine light is on. so im thiinkin i just got a bad sensor. but it runs!! lol

Back