• Register Today It's free!

Plugs and Leads at last

PHaTGRoB

Reaction score
City, State
Ruthin, North Wales, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
Green '99 North Face
At long last I got round to changing the plugs and leads. Justin advised me to change them after he did the chains in March....2010!
Following advice from others on this site, I accessed them via the wheel arch and, although I've got little skin left on my hands and lower arms, I did the job in less than 3 hours. Fat hands do not help with these jobs but whoever designed the installation and access should be rooted out and shot!
The old plugs (NGK BPRGEFS) were a good colour and not damaged but after fitting the new ones (NGK PTR5D-13) and the new leads (High Volt 245) (all off eBay), it runs much, much smoother.
Whilst under there, I finally checked the front diff and transfer box oil. Both levels and oil colours as they should be which is good to see.
Rear diff level check and oil and filter change later in the week if the weather holds. Stonkingly hot here in the Principality today.

Hmmm great job, I have always done my plugs the hard way,(bad back)! But I also have new leads to fit from E bay- they look as good as original- hope they make a differance, a year ago I fitted the long lasting platinum plugs- sposed to be good for around years.

Back