Poll: Spring Over or Superlift 4" Springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Poll: Spring Over or Superlift 4" Springs

SOA or Superlift 4" springs

• Put those babies on top!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Buy some new springs!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
OK peeps. I am going to put 4" superlift lift in front and want to know what all your thoughts are for rear lift!

What do ya all think...
Spring over in the rear and 1" more with TT in the front

or superlift 4" springs in rear?

Which will ride better? What about towing? What are my pros and cons on the trail? Any thing I am not thinking of?

Price wise the difference isn't all that much since they want so much for the front kit. Also my springs now are flat since I have the shackles and I don't know if that means they are screwed now or not?

:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup...go SOA

The SOA is more like 5.5 to 6 inches of lift. So you'll have a slightly slanting rig. You could use the f150 spacers to bring you pretty close to level I guess.

Originally posted by zensius
The SOA is more like 5.5 to 6 inches of lift. So you'll have a slightly slanting rig. You could use the f150 spacers to bring you pretty close to level I guess.

sorry slick...those spacers dont work with torsion bars.

Silly me I gotta pay more attention. Well, I guess you could level out with the torsion twist then.

If you have the mono spring it.... sucks get rid of them and get a used 4dr leaf pack. get some new daystar or energy shackle bushings. If its too high for you take the flat overload spring out. with the SOA i dont think you will scrape the stock shock mounts cause theyre on top now ;)

Originally posted by soupbone
If you have the mono spring it.... sucks get rid of them and get a used 4dr leaf pack. get some new daystar or energy shackle bushings. If its too high for you take the flat overload spring out. with the SOA i dont think you will scrape the stock shock mounts cause theyre on top now ;)

Scrapped the mono last summer for a pack off a 94. Changing the bushings is a great call. i am sure they are shot. I guess I could always put air bags in later if I need them for towing or something to that nature. i never thought about taking the overload spring out!

Where can I get the SOA kit for the best price?

How much does it lower a truck with a spring over by taking the overload leaf out?

PS - Along with where can I get the SOA kit what all do I need is it just spring perches and some straps? Anyone remember the part number to order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back