(Poll) Zexel Torsen Differential for '95+ Explorer/Ranger? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

(Poll) Zexel Torsen Differential for '95+ Explorer/Ranger?

Interested in a Zexel Torsen differential for IFS Explorer/Rangers?

• Yes I would purchase one if they were made available.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 16 24.2%

• Total voters
???

well,if you follow this thread....you will see that Rick had sent an email to every person on this website,it's more than a few.
the ranger guy's started this whole thing on the torsen at the off-road ranger board.

we are beating this horse with both whips,but he just won't leave the gate.
they have a unit built that will fit into the front of our trucks,and a few people that work for torsen actually have it in their explorers and rangers.
an off road racer who drives a ranger has it in his race vehicle........their just scared to bring it to production.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a few people that work for torsen actually have it in their explorers and rangers.

That's too bad. But if they don't feel the demand is there, then I can't blame them. Still, I'd pay for one right now.

I would take one as well
it kills me that they have actually made a few of them.

Torsen is in upstate NY,about a few hours away......hmm

I'd like to find out where they park ;) ;) ;)

All that I can say is WOWOWOW!!!!! I would take one of those today...... How long untill it is delivered?? :p

Can we get these as an OEM replacement from a Ford dealer, or FordPartsNetwork.com? They are on some of the Rangers, right?

torsen has no plans on producing them for our trucks.

the few they made are just prototypes.
they want to see a bunch of people lined up before they send it to production.

this looks pretty good. not all that bad a price either. i'd prolly pick front and rear set up if i can save the money :D

Re: torsen has no plans on producing them for our trucks.

Originally posted by William Schumacher
they want to see a bunch of people lined up before they send it to production.
Well, not necessarily lined up, but we do need to make sure we can sell enough over a few years to justify the expenses involved with making them. And from the best we've been able to judge, there isn't enough interest in the market to make that even reasonably certain... If I can't convince my bosses that there's a market for it, they won't approve production of it. There's nothing I can do about that, believe me, I tried... :(

Well, I'd be interested in one as long it is made available to overseas (Australia). I have been on a few tracks where two wheels driving up front would have helped out nicely. Will it still fit having 4.56 gear ratios?

I have installed two Zexel-Torsens in 8.8's. I like them a lot more than the traction-lock. I asked about one for the front two years ago. I didn't know about the forums then. When they make them, I have two vehicles that need them. Waiting,
DonW

NMF, it came with the "New Posts" listings.

Reider Racing has a differential that they can make fit in the front of the 2nd gen. Explorers. It starts as a TruTrac, and they disassemble and reassemble it, to fit in the Dana 35.
DW

Back