Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures?

So, at 130 in the morning, my wife puts the brakes on the whole thing. I am really not in a good mood right now.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who makes 'real' decisions at 1:30am? FWIW, the rain has quieted down dramatically here overnight. It's gone from 'torrential' to just a normal light rain at the moment. Of course, we still have that creepy fog that turns cars inside out :confused:.

...i just heard on the news 2 lanes of the 15 are closed due to flooding above the 215...i didn't see anything on road conditions yet...

It's currently around 35F, 5mph wind and light rain in Big Bear. The summit on the way up (38) has chain control in effect, but the weather currently appears fairly mild.

Sr 18
[in The Southern California Area]
Is Closed From 5 Mi East Of The Jct Of Sr 330 To Big Bear Dam
(san Bernardino Co) - Due To Flooding - Motorists Are Advised To Use
An Alternate Route

Chains Or Snow Tires Are Required From 3 Mi East Of The Jct Of Sr 330
To Big Bear Dam (san Bernardino Co)

Sr 38
[in The Southern California Area]
Chains Are Required On All Vehicles Except 4-wheel-drive Vehicles With Snow
Tires On All 4 Wheels From Onyx Summit To Big Bear City (san Bernardino Co)

...i am heading out and gotta get gas...if cyber and r.j. bail, call and let me know...thanks

I will be heading out at about 7:30am. See you all soon I hope :)

I'm getting ready to head out. Cyber, R.J. please call me and/or leave a voicemail if you can't make it. I'll check back in when I get to the Disco center. See ya'll up there...

Well so far Cyber, Ritsui, and I have made it. A little drizzle but not to bad...
R.J. were are ya...

Edit - Kage, Tbars, and R.J. here...

If we survive we'll post some pics later...

...i made it back home...where's the link to the new thread...:scratch:

Back