Power Liftgate Warning Chime | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Liftgate Warning Chime

You are correct. It reaches the top, and then gives the rapid chime. I looked at that post, and I had a copy of the 4th printing of the manual open, but the procedure wasn't on pg 122. Unless the 4th printing for 2011 is different than the 4th printing for 2013. And I couldn't find it easily in the PDF manual. I need to look through mine, but haven't had time.

I'm having problems with it not closing properly. It gets somewhere between 2/3 and 98% closed, and then opens again. There's also a lot of creaking and groaning during both opening and closing.
Other than taking it into the dealer, you could check the panels, especially the one you pull out for the spare tire, and the two metal latches... make sure nothing is obscuring. When my 2017 was brand new, I had some occasional creaking sounds on the right side that were discomforting, but then it just went away on it's own without any problems since. My car is 8 months old now.

You are correct. It reaches the top, and then gives the rapid chime. I looked at that post, and I had a copy of the 4th printing of the manual open, but the procedure wasn't on pg 122. Unless the 4th printing for 2011 is different than the 4th printing for 2013. And I couldn't find it easily in the PDF manual. I need to look through mine, but haven't had time.

I'm having problems with it not closing properly. It gets somewhere between 2/3 and 98% closed, and then opens again. There's also a lot of creaking and groaning during both opening and closing.
The Manual reprint editions differ for each model year. The Liftgate Reset procedure for the 2013 (4th edition) is on page 81. Sounds like there may be an issue with either the power opening arm or one of the 'shock' arms or whatever they are called. If the 'gate' senses any resistance while closing, it will reverse and open again.

Peter

Back