• Register Today It's free!

power lock not working..........

eckerd_explorer

Reaction score
City, State
St. Petersburg Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 30" XTR's
Hey guys, my passenger side power lock on my 96 xlt is not functioning properly. It sounds as if the linkage has broke or came apart. When I use my lock remote I can hear the buzz coming from the solenoid, but the lock does not move. I tried to pull the inner door cover off to take a look, but I broke a plastic clip and called it quits. I don't want to take any chances of breaking anything else. Can any one help out with detailed instructions or pics as far as pulling off that skin/panel? Thanks a lot.
Tony

Front, Explorer Hi-Series, Two-Door and Four-Door

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the two screws retaining the front door trim panel located above the window regulator handle. Also remove one screw in the upper front portion of front door trim panel.

2. Remove inside door handle cup at the window regulator handle using a screwdriver or sharp object. Retention nibs will flex for easy removal.

3. To remove window regulator control switch and outside rear view mirror control (17B676), use notch located at lower end of outside rear view mirror control using a screwdriver to lift and remove.

4. Remove outside rear view mirror control from front door trim panel pulling wire harness from inside of front door trim panel.

5. From bottom of outside rear view mirror control, remove two screws and disconnect connector from switches.

6. Note: Do not pull on the front door trim panel to remove clips from the inner panel holes.

Note: Pay special attention to the cutout in thefront door trim panel for the inside door handle (22600), so that it clears the inside door handle during removal without breakage.

At each plastic clip location, pry the front door trim panel away from the door inner panel using the front door trim panel removing tool from Rotunda Windshield and Moulding/Trim Removal Kit 107-R0401 or equivalent.

7. Note: When removing the front door trim panel make sure to lift panel at least 39mm (1.5 inch) or more so hidden lower trim hooks clear completely before removal. Failure to lift panel 39mm (1.5 inch) or more may cause the trim hooks to break.

To remove panel (after wiring and disengagement of trim clips is complete), lift panel slightly to remove flange at the top of door trim panel from trough in the glass weatherstrip.

8. Disconnect socket and bulb from illuminated interior lamp (13776) before total removal of front door trim panel.

testing

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 164

thank you so much, just got back into town so i'll give it a go.

Back