Power mirror switch no power fuse good | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power mirror switch no power fuse good

dave042583

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
im not sure what has happened to power mirrors switch stopped working checked fuse in car and under hood and all the fuses are good tested for ground and ground is good switch is fine have spare from working 02 explorer what is left besides tracing the power wire if anyone has a wiring diagram for the power mirror circut that would be extreamly helpful i have the hayes manual and no help:mad:

im not sure what has happened to power mirrors switch stopped working checked fuse in car and under hood and all the fuses are good tested for ground and ground is good switch is fine have spare from working 02 explorer what is left besides tracing the power wire if anyone has a wiring diagram for the power mirror circut that would be extreamly helpful i have the hayes manual and no help:mad:

Is there power at the switch? Did you try the spare switch?

I was having weird electrical issues with my 02 xlt. The dome lights would stay on until the battery saver feature turned them off, the driver side puddle light didn't work, the keypad on the door would set off the alarm when I pressed it, the door ajar light would flash and beep at highway speeds, etc.

A lot of issues can be traced back to broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot between the body and the door. This is common with our Ex's. I found a broken wire and repaired it and all is back to normal!

Here is a great thread for removing the door panel, thanks to borland for the awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249253

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Back