• Register Today It's free!

Power Train light

arthur gordon

Reaction score
City, State
st louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer eddie baur
When I start up I get the yellow power train wrench light. The truck jumps and jerks not ( severe). When I turn motor off and restart the yellow light goes away. The truck also drives normally. I have an 06 4WD 4L eddie bauer. I have a reman transmission that is a year old and 7K miles 0n it. It did this last week I took it a transmission place, and had it checked out. They told me there is nothing wrong with my transmission. It just do not make sense. I would appreciate feed back from anyone that has experienced, such a thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to pull any codes that may be stored if no codes are stored then you may need to pull codes when the wrench light is on. The problem with dash lights is they usually dont tell you anything other than you have a problem.

Some codes can be reset just by cycling the key (exactly what you are doing) and you will not have any stored codes.

You need to pull any codes that may be stored if no codes are stored then you may need to pull codes when the wrench light is on. The problem with dash lights is they usually dont tell you anything other than you have a problem.

Some codes can be reset just by cycling the key (exactly what you are doing) and you will not have any stored codes.
Thank you, that is the best explanation, I can come up with. Should I just wait until it comes back on, take it to a transmission place. I just don't want to stuck on side of the road.

I would not want to get stuck on the road either. Without any possible codes to go off of its a shot in the dark on what it could be. For example lets take your description and list some items it could be. Here we go; could be the solinoid pack (electrical issue), could be a mechanical servo problem, fluid level, or the torque converter.

The easyest and fastest way to fix it is to take it to a shop and have them diagnose it. The yellow light tells you there is a problem.

If you want to try and diagnose it you are goin to need a obd2 scanner that can do powertrain codes.
I recommend forscan either for you smartphone or laptop computer and a bluetooth adapter.

Do a search on here for recommended scanners.
Forscan is one of the cheapest but most powerful obd2 tools you can get for fords.

I would not want to get stuck on the road either. Without any possible codes to go off of its a shot in the dark on what it could be. For example lets take your description and list some items it could be. Here we go; could be the solinoid pack (electrical issue), could be a mechanical servo problem, fluid level, or the torque converter.

The easyest and fastest way to fix it is to take it to a shop and have them diagnose it. The yellow light tells you there is a problem.

If you want to try and diagnose it you are goin to need a obd2 scanner that can do powertrain codes.
I recommend forscan either for you smartphone or laptop computer and a bluetooth adapter.

Do a search on here for recommended scanners.
Forscan is one of the cheapest but most powerful obd2 tools you can get for fords.
Thank you, I ordered one today. I have to get to the bottom of this.

Back