• Register Today It's free!

Power window problems

teemotio

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xl 4x4
4 door xl - Rear passenger window only goes down and not back up.Replaced the window motor ,no difference.The front driver control switch will operate all windows except this one,the rear switch powers it down and not up.Can't find a short either.All fuses good. I almost give up.Is it my switches or am I missing something here.

use a voltmeter put it across the motor power leads and press the botton, going up is one polarity going down is the other. if you dont get a +12V or -12V situation you probably have a broken wire somewhere between the master panel in the drivers door and the back door motor. All windows are routed through the master panel and then to the appropriate door. not going in one direction means either +12V or -12V isn't making it to the motor for some reason. you need to check the voltages at the master panel at that switch to check if voltage is there or not first.

Hope this helps.

David

It is likely that your passenger switch on that side is faulty. The master control still has to go thru it to get to the window.

Back