helmsa

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT, 3.5 NA
Callsign
K7ATH
So there are vehicles on here with "brush guards" and there are vehicles on here with the "bull bars", but does anybody know of a "pre-runner" style bar for these trucks?

Now for question number two...If there are no such bars for our vehicles, is there a vehicle that it closely matches as far as frame and bumper that a "pre-runner" from it would fit ours?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So there are vehicles on here with "brush guards" and there are vehicles on here with the "bull bars", but does anybody know of a "pre-runner" style bar for these trucks?

Now for question number two...If there are no such bars for our vehicles, is there a vehicle that it closely matches as far as frame and bumper that a "pre-runner" from it would fit ours?

Possbily a Ranger Pre-Runner bar might work with some modification, but your best bet is custom fabrication to your specs.

Isn't Donner's front bar a pre-runnner bar from a jeep? Pretty sure it was up around the $500 mark though - would be cheaper to make your own.

i just saw one oline some where for our X's, i think it might have been on ebay.

Ill look around:thumbsup:

Chris

Possbily a Ranger Pre-Runner bar might work with some modification, but your best bet is custom fabrication to your specs.

I thought about the ranger option, but most rangers are running full pre-runner bumpers vs. the pre-runner bars like on THIS link. Fabrication for me is not really an option as I don't have the resources (tools, shop/sapce or money to have someone else fab it).

are you looking for a full prerunner bar or are you just looking for something that will enhance the look of your vehicle and hold lights? I have this type of bar and got it for under $150 I think (I have a 2nd gen but theres drilling required anyway) :thumbsup:
PICT0598.jpg

PICT0601.jpg

have a local offroad shop build you one. Its your best bet.

they get welded into your frame. its not a simple bolt on if it is done RIGHT.

keyword, RIGHT. anyone can bolt on a bumper. It wont be near as strong as a good welded on bumper though...

Heres a shot of a truck i drive.

Something like this isnt hard to do.

But then again, this is just a simple bolt on made for looks and to hold lights.

Personally, i like my bumpers to have strength behind them.

never know when you and your friends wunna start nerfing each other going down the freeway and in parking lots.

edited.jpg

i dont care for this kind of bumper, its all perosnal preference but i find them ugly.
34_-_Nudge_Bar_1.jpg

IMO theyre just to mount lights. Why not mount them off your roof rack? Better yet, save the money from putting lights on your bumper and roof rack, and actually throw some real hids on the roof rack and they will be way brighter than all those halogens. Without the need to do alternator swaps and second batteries to run all those battery sucking halogens?

Something like this?

From a local...

Attachments

• AB6535B7-2CD4-4A94-B381-D0F83A38FE60_thumb.jpg
    AB6535B7-2CD4-4A94-B381-D0F83A38FE60_thumb.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,938

Hey andy96, where did you get that prerunner bar and how did you install it?

Back