Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

Dealer also shows this on their site, 4k rebate + 0 for 60, cant read the footnotes. Maybe the 4k is either way, then the extra 1k is without the 0% on xlt and limited? At that same dealers not seeing those show up for St, they are still showing $3500 alternative cash only.
upload_2020-2-9_17-10-5.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We already had the $3500 alternative cash good through 3/2.

Dealer in STL (few hours away from me) is showing 5k rebates on XLT and limited, unsure what all rebates they are using to get there. Ford.com shows 0% for 66 months + 3k bonus cash.

2020 Ford Explorer Limited in Hazelwood, MO | St. Louis Ford Explorer | Bommarito Ford Superstore

Fine print breaks it down.

$250 - Fast Cash Certificate Program. Exp. 03/02/2020
$2500 - Retail Bonus Customer Cash. Exp. 03/31/2020
$500 - 2020 College Student Purchase Program. Exp. 01/04/2021
$500 - Retail Bonus Customer Cash. Exp. 03/31/2020
$500 - Retail Customer Cash. Exp. 03/31/2020 $750 - Select Inventory Retail Customer Cash. Exp. 03/31/2020

20200208_195502.jpg

Which trim is that on?

Blownsmoke.....I think you're here in my state nh, I'm not seeing any incentives on ST on the Ford site or anywhere else. ?

Blownsmoke.....I think you're here in my state nh, I'm not seeing any incentives on ST on the Ford site or anywhere else. ?
For your location the Ford site shows 0% APR for 60 months with Ford Credit + $2500 Bonus Cash + $1000 Trade Assist.

Peter

For your location the Ford site shows 0% APR for 60 months with Ford Credit + $2500 Bonus Cash + $1000 Trade Assist.

Peter

Not in NH. $2,000 rebate only plus $750 aged inventory if its 60+ days old.

Not in NH. $2,000 rebate only plus $750 aged inventory if its 60+ days old.
I put in the zip code for the member and that is what the Ford site came back with. Just noticed it only on the XLT and Limited.

I have a dealer that shot me an offer of 51,955 on a 2020 Platinum, floor mats and tech package, white in color. Good deal? Built 9-28-19

I have a dealer that shot me an offer of 51,955 on a 2020 Platinum, floor mats and tech package, white in color. Good deal? Built 9-28-19
Whats MSRP on it? 61k or so? Sounds pretty solid. The later the build date the better IMHO. Best i got quoted locally was ~$9150 off msrp on st.

Whats MSRP on it? 61k or so? Sounds pretty solid. The later the build date the better IMHO. Best i got quoted locally was ~$9150 off msrp on st.
MSRP WAS 61,155. Now we’re down to $50,955

MSRP WAS 61,155. Now we’re down to $50,955
I'm in market again and cannot find prices like that even close. Best I found is 53k on a MSRP of 59.8k. I haven't least 2 dealers claiming that they would be losing money at 53k. This is OTD pricing, no taxes.
Maybe they are greedy around here, or their inventory is fresh. Idk. ?

I'm in market again and cannot find prices like that even close. Best I found is 53k on a MSRP of 59.8k. I haven't least 2 dealers claiming that they would be losing money at 53k. This is OTD pricing, no taxes.

Between the floor plan asst, holdback and the difference between invoice to MSRP, there is about $5,000 to play with before rebates. Just about every dealer will not entertain giving up floor plan asst so you are talking about $4k +/- plus rebates of negotiation room.

So $59k - $4k -$2750 in rebates (depending on location and age of inventory) and you are in the $52k range.

So yes, they are telling you the truth (again depending on rebates) thatbunder $53k they are losing money (depending on their monthly sales bonus based on volume sales).

My understanding and experience is that the higher the price, the more the DOLLAR discount that is achievable. But that discount is typically a similar PERCENTAGE across trim levels. One thing thing that I do to make me feel bbetter about the deal is to ask for 'other' stuff, like included oil changes, other accessories, and 0% financing.
If you are willing to actually sit down and negotiate and walk away if they don't meet your 'reasonable' offer, I think that you can get better than 12.5% off of whatever MSRP you are looking at.

If I was a dealer who had an opportunity to make $1000 profit from a sales but I only made $900, I would say that I am losing money on the deal.

Just picked up an Magnetic Grey 202a XLT w/ 20" wheels, Class 3 hitch, 2nd row bench, and comfort package
Got the $3k +$1k trade-in incentive plus 0% finance, got $9k for the trade-in
Out the door was $37,500 incl tax/fees. Wish I lived in NH or DE to get a break on tax

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Congrats on the new XLT.

Peter

I'm looking an a 2020 XLT with 200A, trailer class 3, block heater and comfort package for $33,300 after rebate, no negotiations. OTD be ~35k. MSRP is 41300. build date 11/19/2019. Doesn't seem to bad a deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I saw you are based in NH? I am too and just purchased my ST this week - Silver with Street Pack; Premium Pack; Twin Panel Moonroof; and floor liners. MSRP $59740 - the final price OTD was $49,638 before doc fees. This included $3500 of rebates ($1000 due to existing expiring lease) and a dealer discount of $6600 - so over $10k in total. I tried a bunch of other dealers and whilst they all had the same Ford rebates, none could come close to this.

Back