Prices paid for 2017 & 2018 Explorer in Canada | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices paid for 2017 & 2018 Explorer in Canada

HMS18

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Platinum 18
Hello all,

I’m close to purchasing my new Explorer Platinum in Canada and still negotiating a couple of deals.

I’d like to know the prices people paid for their explorers, so I have a clue what to expect.

I’d appreciate it if you can share your experiences to help me in my purchas..

Thanks a lot,

HMS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Which year and trim level are you actually looking to buy? The title shows 2017 and 2018 Explorer but your profile shows a 2018 Platinum. It would help to narrow it down.
My suggestion is to get the best deal that you are happy with and go with that.

Peter

I think the best deal you'll get is a hair over $55k for a Platinum (with no options -- granted it's already fully loaded, and options are really just limited to paint and bucket seats). That was with Ford Employee pricing and Costco rebate (though the rebate is applied after tax, so that would bring it down more). I chose a Sport because I didn't like the wood trim and optioned out the only missing was lane departure and rain sensors and that was $53k (under $60k out the door). I bought a 2017 back in August 2016. So the prices should be fairly similar for the 2018s.

Hi peterk9,

Thanks for the direction
I’m actually looking for a platinum 18, but any models & trims will give me an idea about the price I’m expecting for my 2018 platinum.

So far I got an offer of $63k for 18 platinum including a %14 Taxes.

Hi Kmarnes,

Appreciate you sharing your experience.

As you mentioned, I got an offer about $55k + $8k taxes, so it’s about the same deal you got though you got it earlier in the year.

Hope you’re enjoying your explorer so far :)

Awesome, sounds like a good deal! I've really enjoyed my behemoth. Great for skiing and road trips. Not so much for parking or commuting ;)

Don't know how US prices compare to CDN prices but I got a fully loaded 18 platinum for USD 53900 (57940 retail)

Canadian prices are very favorable after factoring in exchange rate and taxes. It definitely varies by manufacturer. But Ford is good to Canada. I paid the equivalent of $43,000 USD for a new Sport (add a couple k for the equivalent platinum). That was before taxes and fees and a $1000 rebate. Out the door it was the equivalent to $47,750 USD.

But I don't think it's currently possible to buy a new one and import it. And if you wanted to go that route, you could try buying a used one and bringing it back, but then you have massive hassles of import, additional taxes, fees, possibly compliance changes, not to mention the loss of any factory warranty (or having to go to Canada to get any warranty work). German car companies are also good to Canada, but not as good as Ford. Jaguar is terrible. I think it's even more expensive after factoring in exchange before taxes. I did a lot of this stuff when I was still figuring out which car I wanted before I got the Explorer.

Don't know how US prices compare to CDN prices but I got a fully loaded 18 platinum for USD 53900 (57940 retail)
The MRSP on the Window sticker of my 2017 Platinum was $62,039.

Peter

Back