Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

I think I saw you are based in NH? I am too and just purchased my ST this week - Silver with Street Pack; Premium Pack; Twin Panel Moonroof; and floor liners. MSRP $59740 - the final price OTD was $49,638 before doc fees. This included $3500 of rebates ($1000 due to existing expiring lease) and a dealer discount of $6600 - so over $10k in total. I tried a bunch of other dealers and whilst they all had the same Ford rebates, none could come close to this.

That's awesome! Your deal is very close to what I've been quoted in my area. The best I've been able to get is $49,869, including $199 doc fee (here in Missouri, we pay taxes at the DMV when we title our vehicles). MSRP on my deal is the same as yours $59,740. I did not move forward, since I'm still waiting to hit my strike price of $46k. As I've mentioned in early threads, I expect to hit this number sometime between late Spring or early Fall of 2020. Once I receive a "stackable" $3k Private Offer, I will move forward with the deal. My patience has paid off so far, as I contintue to get closer and closer to my mark :).

Also, as you'll see on Page 3 of this thread, back in September of last year (2019), I predicted that we'll see prices below $50k by January of 2020. I was correct!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's awesome! Your deal is very close to what I've been quoted in my area. The best I've been able to get is $49,869, including $199 doc fee (here in Missouri, we pay taxes at the DMV when we title our vehicles). MSRP on my deal is the same as yours $59,740. I did not move forward, since I'm still waiting to hit my strike price of $46k. As I've mentioned in early threads, I expect to hit this number sometime between late Spring or early Fall of 2020. Once I receive a "stackable" $3k Private Offer, I will move forward with the deal. My patience has paid off so far, as I contintue to get closer and closer to my mark :).

Also, as you'll see on Page 3 of this thread, back in September of last year (2019), I predicted that we'll see prices below $50k by January of 2020. I was correct!

I was going to wait as I had 2 months left on my lease, but the $1k private offer was expiring and the dealer offered to pay first lease payment, $250 prepaid visa, and 2 years of scheduled maintenance included on top. Having spoken to a number of other dealers who could get nowhere near their price, lease payments, or additional incentives, I bit the bullet. The $3k private offer you mention, is this something you have seen before? And is it whilst you are still an owner or to try and entice you back? Interested for future reference .

I was going to wait as I had 2 months left on my lease, but the $1k private offer was expiring and the dealer offered to pay first lease payment, $250 prepaid visa, and 2 years of scheduled maintenance included on top. Having spoken to a number of other dealers who could get nowhere near their price, lease payments, or additional incentives, I bit the bullet. The $3k private offer you mention, is this something you have seen before? And is it whilst you are still an owner or to try and entice you back? Interested for future reference .

Yes, I've received two $3000 Private Offers in the past. I received one in August of last year, and another one in September of last year. I also received a $1250 Private Offer a couple of months ago. One dealer claimed they could "stack" it with the $3500 Alternative Rebate, while another dealer said that they could not. Strange... Nonetheless, I still passed on the deal, since it was not at my strike price.

Just bought a 2020 XLT 200A w/tow package.

MSRP: $38,580
Dealer Discount: $4,372
Rebates: $3,500
Doc Fee: $225
SC tax: $500
Title/Tag: $65.50

OTD: $31,498.50

I really like it so far! My last car didn't have Android Auto so this is a huge improvement, and my kids love the 4G wireless for road trips (I just got through adding it to my existing AT&T wireless plan which was seriously aggravating). I need to buy some all-weather floormats ASAP!

I got down to 51.1k otd, but it turned out to be a bait price to get me in the door. Once there, they has every excuse one could conjure up to not sell that st and that price. Stay away from Best ford in Nashua.
So my new best otd price went back up to 52k OTD with my 1500 private offer and aged inventory rebate, but no other rebates.
I'm gonna pass as I'm after a late build B vin built january 2020 or later. So there goes aged inventory rebate. Guess I have to wait for new or more incentives. March maybe?
Anyone care to make an educated guess on March incentives? Ty.

I got down to 51.1k otd, but it turned out to be a bait price to get me in the door. Once there, they has every excuse one could conjure up to not sell that st and that price. Stay away from Best ford in Nashua.
So my new best otd price went back up to 52k OTD with my 1500 private offer and aged inventory rebate, but no other rebates.
I'm gonna pass as I'm after a late build B vin built january 2020 or later. So there goes aged inventory rebate. Guess I have to wait for new or more incentives. March maybe?
Any one care to make an educated guess on March incentives? Ty.

Hahaha, BEST Ford is a complete joke and so is Autofair.
Fly down to Baltimore and pick one up at Koons.

I just made a deal on a "B" vin built 1/22/20 rich copper met ST with the usual and racing brakes, wheel locks, and mud guards. MSRP 61.6 msrp with dealer fee.
They matched my last best "bait" deal but I had to pay 1200 for the additional options.
52.5 Otd. I'm pretty damn happy with 9k off a late build unit. The color is very rare too.
2020-ford-explorer-1397068464.jpg

I just made a deal on a "B" vin built 1/22/20 rich copper met ST with the usual and racing brakes, wheel locks, and mud guards. MSRP 61.6 msrp with dealer fee.
They matched my last best "bait" deal but I had to pay 1200 for the additional options.
52.5 Otd. I'm pretty damn happy with 9k off a late build unit. The color is very rare too.View attachment 178707

Great deal!! What was the dealer fee?

Dont they all charge 499 these days? I always negotiate OTD price. I honestly dont know, we are signing the deal this afternoon. We visited that dealer a few days ago and all there ST were a vin 11/19 or earlier builds so we lost interest. They had this one but were not interested in moving price due to it just arrived, not even pdi yet. Called me back today and they decided to move it. I honestly didn't want the options above roof, street, tech but the deal is good. The color has us both intrigued not sure if it's one that wears on ya or not. It is rare. for trouble free unit.

Dont they all charge 499 these days? I always negotiate OTD price. I honestly dont know, we are signing the deal this afternoon. We visited that dealer a few days ago and all there ST were a vin 11/19 or earlier builds so we lost interest. They had this one but were not interested in moving price due to it just arrived, not even pdi yet. Called me back today and they decided to move it. I honestly didn't want the options above roof, street, tech but the deal is good. The color has us both intrigued not sure if it's one that wears on ya or not. It is rare. for trouble free unit.

We all know it is just a way to pad their profit. They could have sold it to you for $300 more but then charged a $199 doc fee and still net the same price.

When I bought mine, I paid $52,200 with $799 doc fee. Now nominally I'd refuse the sale at such a ridiculous fee but I know they lost money on it. Probably a bait like you but when I took it to the owner via email who was out of the country on vacation and got a call the next morning from their Business Manager, they honored it (oh, the website magically changed a few hours after inquiring.. they knew they made a mistake). Reality, $53k OTD when there was $0 manufacturer rebates was a great deal at the time and I'm still happy with it.

Some are getting better deals like yourself, but that's the price I paid to have it 7 months sooner and have enjoyed every day of it.

I have seen 1 Rich Copper.. beautiful color. Hope you enjoy it!!

I recently test drove an Atlas Blue ST (Nice Color btw). MSRP: 59.740. They offered me 50,525 for the new car, 11K for my trade (2013 EX Sport 109K mi), with taxes and fees, they are 42.5K OTD. I told them to call me when they can get me to 41K OTD.

I recently test drove an Atlas Blue ST (Nice Color btw). MSRP: 59.740. They offered me 50,525 for the new car, 11K for my trade (2013 EX Sport 109K mi), with taxes and fees, they are 42.5K OTD. I told them to call me when they can get me to 41K OTD.

I sold my 2011 Explorer Limited with 150k for $11k private just to give you some perspective.

Thanks. That does help. I have to weigh the 6% tax savings vs putting it out there and dealing with tire kickers...

MSRP $48,120
Purchase price $39,250 (inc $2,500 rebate and 0% for 60 mo)
XLT: Rapid red/tan; 202A, trailer tow, Copilot360+, Comfort pkg

I’ll gladly plug Autonation Ford in Littleton, CO. This was my first experience buying a new car. I test drove at 9:00 AM. Handshake deal at 11:00 AM. Went to work. Came back at 5:00 PM. Signed financing and drove home at 7:00 PM! Could not have been easier!

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I walked out with an Atlas Blue 202A XLT with Copilot Assist + and the 20" wheel set MSRP $44,800 for $34,613 vehicle price.

I walked out with an Atlas Blue 202A XLT with Copilot Assist + and the 20" wheel set MSRP $44,800 for $34,613 vehicle price.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I haven't been following prices lately but understand that there are some great discounts to be had right now. Looks like a good deal.

Peter

Kind of an old thread, but paid a hair under $36k out the door on a 2021 4x4 XLT 202A with tow package. About 34,600 before sales tax, that still includes all fees and other tacked on nonsense. Middle of January built gray/black.

2020 Limited 4x4
Sticker was 52k after whatever factory discounts there were.

$45500 after tax, tag, reg OTD. Or $41990+.

D-Plan + incentives.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2021 Ford Explorer Platinum (white tri paint, tech package, moonroof, and I think floor liners?)

MSRP: $59,210
Dealer Discounts: -$5414
Ford Incentive:- $1250
Doc Fee: $399
2 extra free oil changes

Total: $52,945 + tax + reg

Back