Pricing help! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pricing help!

In Canada, we have www.carcostcanada.com which gives msrp and dealer cost for about $5/vehicle depending on how many reports you buy. It also lists all factory incentives and financing available at the point in time you are buying. Makes buying easy. Just start at dealer cost, take off any factory incentive rebates, tack on what you think is a reasonable profit to pay, and make offer. Bought about 15 cars for me and family and friends this way since 2004. Works for most cars except those that are limited production, where dealer can hold out for more than MSRP due to demand (think Jeep SRT-8 when redesigned in 2012 or so - dealers were asking and getting 20k over MSRP because each dealership only had 1).

As for time, bought my F150 a couple months ago in 10 minutes texting new sales manager back and forth - they were hungry!

Does not take long because you have their costs so they either meet your price or they don’t.

Welp, we just came home with the car. 61,700. Out the door. The incentives right now we're not very good so it didn't make sense to not get 0% plus auto rates are meh right now. The big issue was we couldn't find many with the packages we were looking at plus the color. We were about to order one and found out the copper was discontinued.

The significant other is happy. I wanted to get them down to 60k out the door since it has sat there since October of 19. We were there for 5 hours. It is what it is.

Congats on the new addition to the family.:thumbsup:

Peter

Back