Pro-M MAF problems

Josh

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4 Door Explorer XLT
I bought a 70mm Pro-M from Explorer Express. It makes my truck stink like its running rich and the CEL comes on. If I put the OEM MAF back in, it runs fine. I have been trying to get a response from the Pro-Flow website with only a 1 liner telling my truck might be going into default. Doesn't that usualy mean that the ECM does not see the MAF? And if that was the case, It would do it with the OEM MAF as well. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have called and e-mailed those guys and hardly a word in 2 days. :fire:

If you don't have luck directly with ProM, then try getting help through EE.

The MAS isn't programmed correctly.

I see you have a K&N filter, did you purchase the MAS that is tuned for conical filters (EE part #ZD5592) or the stock air box one (EE part# ZD5591). Running one set up for the stock air box causes this exact problem.

Its a ZD5592 according to the invoice. On the meter itself on the "Calib" line it says 19C. Everything else looks correct. If I rev it up a few times the CEL goes out, but comes back a little while later. I forgot to pull the codes before I put the OEM MAF back on and reset the computer. Its a cheap aftermarket conical filter thats on now. Maybe the filter isn't flowing enough??? Do you think going without the filter for a few miles might give some results, or would there be to much flow then?

Back