probelms after install of new head unit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

probelms after install of new head unit

4x4man77

Reaction score
City, State
washington state
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eddie bauer four door
ok i just put in a new head unit using the original wiring harness and getting a adapter kit from wallmart no brainer there guys don't cut your old harness well when i put the speaker conect in i noticed it looked a little worn as in might be coming apart oh by the way this is own my 94 eddie bauer 4 door well now when i trun on the stereo it works fine but i have to trun up to like 60 to get the front speakers to work i think the connector is worn out its like a six pin right angle thing that just slides in to a six pin male connector from wallart just worn out my q. is can i just replace the old harness for the speakers and how far does that go is it hooked in all the way to the speaker like one single harness or is there a place ware it seperates and i can get a new connector at ford to replace the old worn on or any better suggestion i hate to cut and direct into the harness since i think the wires in thier are very small gauge and ya doing a good job would be challenging i can possibly post a pic or email to someone to get a idea of what i have a problem with or? maybe you are experienced enough im sure to know this issue help
OB1 CONOBY YOUR MY ONLY HOPE LOL! thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let us know when you edit that post with punctuation and grammar so we have a clue of what you're asking us.

Let us know when you edit that post with punctuation and grammar so we have a clue of what you're asking us.

Seriousy, I was like WTF, I must be half asleep! :confused:

ok i just put in a new head unit using the original wiring harness and getting a adapter kit from wallmart no brainer there guys don't cut your old harness well when i put the speaker conect in i noticed it looked a little worn as in might be coming apart oh by the way this is own my 94 eddie bauer 4 door well now when i trun on the stereo it works fine but i have to trun up to like 60 to get the front speakers to work i think the connector is worn out its like a six pin right angle thing that just slides in to a six pin male connector from wallart just worn out my q. is can i just replace the old harness for the speakers and how far does that go is it hooked in all the way to the speaker like one single harness or is there a place ware it seperates and i can get a new connector at ford to replace the old worn on or any better suggestion i hate to cut and direct into the harness since i think the wires in thier are very small gauge and ya doing a good job would be challenging i can possibly post a pic or email to someone to get a idea of what i have a problem with or? maybe you are experienced enough im sure to know this issue help
OB1 CONOBY YOUR MY ONLY HOPE LOL! thanks in advance

If the connector is bad I would just tap into the speaker wire behind the connector and just leave it intact.

run new wires, saves money and time...
and yeah I felt like when your drunk and trying to pretend your ok while reading the post hahahaha

run new wires, saves money and time...
and yeah I felt like when your drunk and trying to pretend your ok while reading the post hahahaha

Drunk....Likely. BTW....Running the Monster through my doors was the biggest pita I have ever experienced.

Running the Monster through my doors was the biggest pita I have ever experienced.

running anything into a newer honda or acura door (dang factory alarm disarm!)

Back