project 92exploerer 7-12 lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

project 92exploerer 7-12 lift

well I've looked around this site and others and I was wondering everybody does a lift/straight axle conversion howcome nobody does a frame conversion???

here is my ideal for my project 92
1 wrecked1992 2x2 explorer (motor is being put in my 93 4x4)
take this explorer and stick it on top of a 79 f-250 frame which will be shortend to fit the explorer wheel base. us the c-6 tranny with the 460 in front of it with the dana 44 front leafs and dana 60 rear with mounting the explorer on the f-250 frame that will give me a 3-6 inches of body lift from the start(to help clear the 460 in the engine compartment) then I will build my "custom" suspension lift of 4-6 inches so the total lift will be 7-12
why use a f-250 frame?? I want to pull my stock car with this and watch people's jaw drop to the ground!!
also I have 2 extra f-250 4x4 parts truck laying around (not includeing my 79 with a 6 inch lift and 35's)
the nine inch ford in the f150 won't hould up to my heavy trailer and car so that is why I want to put a f-250 frame and gears under it .

well what do you think good and bad reply's are welcomed

project92

yeah but Im going with the big block 460 thought I'd be the first but o-well one note though you can put 15' 8 lug wheels on it I have a set on mine now 35 12:50 15 the key is to get the right backspacing.

Back