project freebie H3 hunter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

project freebie H3 hunter

ok i was givine a 5.0l awd 1998 murcery mounty a tree fell on it my plan is to repiar the roof and mod it so it is just as capable as a new h3 hummer for cheaper than what it would have cost me to buy a stock 98 awd 5.0 mounty here is pic of it

62e5c7f2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What exactly are your plans for it? The H3 has an optional bw4494 4.1 transfer case that would be hard to beat.

Plans so far are selectable lokers front and rear some 31's and a snorkle. As far as the t-case gose i know the awd is not the best option and I am still looking for other options i would like it to stay awd but I need a low range I'm thinking of pulling a 4wd t-case from a junk yard and just use 4hi and 4low even still I will be at a gearing disadvantage but that's what make this fun

Search on installing a 4406 into your v8. All the cool kids are doing it.

thanks for the advise
also about the tires i have to keep my boss (wife) happy so all i can talk her in to right now is 31's

You're not too far from Barnwell at Gilmer Tx. Get it running good, throw some 31's on it, and take the wife out there. There are plenty of easy fun trails you can run on.

Then the wife will come home all excited and you'll have permission to sell the 31's and go bigger. :D

well got a 4 day weekend after a month of 12's :salute: so i worked on the mounty got the roof mostly pushed out pulled the front window out and took it out for some light fun all and all it did good i think i will post pics soon :cool:

well went for some for fun today here ar some pics

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

need bigg tires lockers and a front windshield would be nice

well front window is in my snorkle lid got here in the mail went to the junk yard and got new driver side widows anyway here are some pics
new front window
a483f430.jpg

my snorkle top
f00e5342.jpg

f3e3b72a.jpg

new driver side window

0f22fedb.jpg

and with them installed
c27a2717.jpg

203ebe70.jpg

now i just need to plug the sun roof i tride to weld in some new sheet metal but i failed at it think i will try and make a foam plug for it

ok well foam did not work so i used plexiglass and some sealant no more leaks

b7dee171.jpg

191ad4ae.jpg

f747baca.jpg

playing on a rock

well i went home to florida here are some pics at a clay pit by my dads house

floridatripsept10042.jpg

floridatripsept10043.jpg

floridatripsept10044.jpg

floridatripsept10045.jpg

floridatripsept10048.jpg

floridatripsept10041.jpg

Yes it dose but sadly it also could use a new tranny so the lift will have to wait

well got my 31's to day looks much better now pics coming soon :p:

here are some pics

c954f0f1.jpg

this doent look that bad
5fbd8b48.jpg

then i got out and saw this

48b5467c.jpg

and a closer shot but i didnt even feel the tire come off lol

de577216.jpg

going wheeling in tx at barnwell this weekend :p:

well went to barnwell and wheeled the poo out of my merc ran with a yota group and inpresse all of them when i did a level 4 trail with them it was great anyway here is my one pic the wife got of me and the yota club guys will get me the pics they got soon
misc210.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was thinking about that but first i need some limiting straps right

Back