Project Lazyboy SAS... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Lazyboy SAS...

So just bought the wife a new 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost she told me I can have the Lincoln Aviator and do whatever I want with it. So I am going to SAS this beast. Already started collecting parts. This time I am going full widths.

Here is pic of the bosses new truck...
20120805_095252.jpg

Project Lazyboy 2003 Lincoln Aviator 4.6 DOHC 5 speed auto AWD.
20120422_174132.jpg

Plans for the truck
3/4 ton Chevy leafs rear.
Ford 9.75 5.13 Detroit
F150 High pinion Dana 44 5.13 electric locker
Custom long arm set up with coilovers
Electric shift BW1356 (should fit since the frame is wider and gas tank is on the pass side).

I should be starting the build in the next couple months. We are getting ready to move so I may not start until mid/late Fall. Stay tuned....:D

Oh and if anyone wants some upgrade parts for there Explorer or Mountaineer the Lincoln used Aluminum front control arms and I think a few other things like bigger brakes all that stuff will be for sale. Also the Aviator has 4.30 gears in it now those axles will be up for grabs when the time comes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good man, working fast per usual

i think TNT wants you to build him a new rear bumper

And yes that has been on the discussion table. Might have to get the ball rolling on that here soon. Already have one drawn up in my mind. I designed the whole front suspension for Lazy in my mind last night just need some time to get going on it. :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Got my 78 High Pinion 44 with weld on wedges ready to begin(and yes it came from 78 square head light truck Ford apparently used some weld on axles until they ran out and went cast)!

20121101_075114.jpg

That is correct. The 78s were a mixed year. Are you cutting the wedges off or going to use them?

3 link? like double r?

3 link? like double r?

Not really a 3 link. A true 3 link actually connects 3 points to the frame. Double R, Merc, and TNT all used radius arms with an adjustable single upper off driver side lower. I am doing the same on Lazy but it will be heavier duty setup then I did on previous builds. I might start the 44 today if I have time.

Im tuned in for the steering setup i need to study some more.....

On hold right now. I was hoping my new wheels would have shipped by now but they are still on BO. I might try and pick up some rollers for the front so I can get going on it. We will see.

So the wheels got pushed back another month on BO. I don't want to take a chance they will do it again so I am cancelling the order and find something else. Pretty annoying cause they wasted almost 3 weeks of my time waiting for those wheels only to tell me it will be another month.

Well that suck what wheels where you going with?

Ordered another set that was in stock so I should have those on Monday. But we start packing next week. Closing on the new house on the 29th. Not sure how much I will get done if anything on the Linc before then.

Nice! I have the soft 8's also they're a good lookin wheel.

They seemed like the logical choice that way when I wheel the Lincoln I don't have to worry about rock rash tearing up aluminum wheels. I really want to start but Summit hosed me on the wheels I am moving next week so I can't afford to have the Lincoln in pieces. Should be back at it next month once I get the new place set up.

So you took my ideas. LOL. I like it. I just don't have the aviator to do it too, yet.

What T-case are you planning on using?

Tim

Ive always wanted yo see someone take on a third gen for sas! This is awesome! And you are actually doing it not just talking it over for 6 months haha you said your stock ifs and irs diffs are 4.30? Would you be looking to sell them? Id be really interested.. My 3.55s hate me for throwing 33s on them :D

Ive always wanted yo see someone take on a third gen for sas! This is awesome! And you are actually doing it not just talking it over for 6 months haha you said your stock ifs and irs diffs are 4.30? Would you be looking to sell them? Id be really interested.. My 3.55s hate me for throwing 33s on them :D

I have someone interested in them already if they decides not to take them I will let you know. And trust me I can't wait to start the front. I want to let the shop floor have just over a week to cure before I pull it in there and tear down the front.

Back