Protecting Trailer from Stone Chips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Protecting Trailer from Stone Chips

SHOinSUV

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I have been eyeing up the TowTector (www.TowTector.com) now for a few months to protect my motorcycle trailer from stone chips and other road debris. I am curious if any of you are trying to prevent damage to your trailers too. I already have the Ford mudflaps (front and rear), but I don't think that will be enough. I can't put DiamondPlate Stone Guard on my trailer since it is fiberglass.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have the front of it sprayed with Rhino Liner. Can even have it color matched if other than black.

i have one similar to that i made for when i tow my bass boat, works great, and removable is a big thing,,

What are motorcycles doing on a trailer? I guess if they are dirtbikes...
The bedliner idea sounds like a winner.

What are motorcycles doing on a trailer? I guess if they are dirtbikes...
The bedliner idea sounds like a winner.

well how else would you show off your truck and motorcycles at the same time?
bedliner or any other semi rubberized coating would probably work fine btw.

The trailer in question is a fiberglass IronHorse and is enclosed. I only tow once a year to Daytona because of the snow in Ohio.

easy-load-flip-top-5fd76d70ff.jpg

i wanna see it behind an explorer
get some sheet metal diamond plate if you want and start attatching to the front of that trailer

he said in the first post he can't put diamond plate on it, cause it's fiberglass,
so ,,,
that being said,,,
the tow shield is the best option so far,,
putting bed liner on may not make the trailer look so good,

The trailer in question is a fiberglass IronHorse and is enclosed. I only tow once a year to Daytona because of the snow in Ohio.

easy-load-flip-top-5fd76d70ff.jpg
SHOinSUV:

We suggest that you seriously look into purchasing the "ROCK SOLID" or the "ULTRA GUARD" type of rubber mudguards that is superior to the Towtector; and is much cheaper in price. We sell quite a few of these since they are very easy to install and remove as well. Here is the link to the manufacturer's website for complete details: http://www.smartsolrv.com/rocksolid.html

Back