Puddle Lamp Warning! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Puddle Lamp Warning!

I was cleaning my X today and looked up at my mirror. There was something funky on the lens of my puddle lamp. Not so the lens was all bubbled up from where it had melted! I pulled it out and the side opposite the bulb mount was melted too. I have only had my X for two months. I was running PIAA Xtreme White bulbs, I mean PIAA come on those are sappost to good. Needless to say I now have to buy new puddle lamp houseings, and stick to my factory blubs, yuck! Do you guys think I should right PIAA a letter!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Considering that the puddle lamps usually arent on for more than 30 seconds or so, those bulbs must have been damn hot to cause that much damage that quick.

I've thought about putting colored bulbs in mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 2001ExpSport
I've had mine on for hours at a time with no problems. Like Nick said, you must have the "lady edition".;)

:rolleyes: dude,in 2 years from now,when your truck is just as old as mine is now !!,undo those #15 torx screws {just for the hell of it},"if they last that long"
and take out the housing lense and see if it's melted in any way ;) {lady edition my @$$}

I'm just busting your balls crybaby.....:p

do u think it would be safe to replace the bulbs in the puddle lamps with blue bulbs? If they r the same shape and wattage do u think it will be fine?

and don't I know it !

Originally posted by 2001ExpSport
I'm just busting your balls crybaby.....:p

{lady edition my @$$} hahahaha

Man- I love the puddle lamps on my XLT. Does this mean I have to learn how to like quiche and watch Oprah?

Back