• Register Today It's free!

pulled codes. need info.

92Explorer4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Reserve KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 4x4 eddie bauer
ok just went out and pulled codes. first set was 331 then 6 sec pause then i got 33. 33 ALL - (O, M) EGR did not open/ respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittently - EVP EVR PFE. i do have a 92 EB x 4x4. what should i do to try to fix this or should i worry about it. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A '92 should be outputting 3 digit codes. Are you sure that wasn't 111 (111 repeat), 1, 111 (111 repeat)?

idk for sure lol i dont have a CEL on just wanted to see if i could do it. i used a wire and turned the key on and it did fast and then slow codes.

then most likely you had 1, 1, 1, flash out.

would a vid help? lol

i did get 111 lol guess im good with codes nothen wrong with koeo.

When you jump the wire & turn the key you will get the fast codes. You should get:
a second or two pause
a second or two pause
a 6 second or so pause
now the real codes start. The 111 is a check (I believe) kind of telling you it is actually reading. You said you had no CEL, so these real codes are in the memory. You can clear them by leaving the key turned & pull your wire out.

Hope this helps. Try it again & see what you get

after the code 111 i never got any codes after the long pause. i waited almost a minute after the last code read out. so now im gunna do a koer.

No codes is good. The koer is a bit more complicated. You need to do some brake stepping, then gear shifting. Better read up on it.
I tried it, but was not as successful as my Uncles code reader

i thank my dad every day that i have to work on my 94 x. he has a snap-on diagnostic machine... so nice, so nice...

Back