• Register Today It's free!

pulling to the right........

99 XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington Hills,MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
trying to get to the bottom of my X pulling the right,it pulls to the right during regular driving but also during accleration it pulls even harder to the right making like a grinding noise...tires are good (balaned, rotated), had both lower ball joints replaced, got an alignment each time, could it be the right upper ball joint/control arm?? thanks for your input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check your passenger side hub assembly/wheel bearing.

still could be your tires....how were they rotated? I would swap the tires from left to right (front only) and see what happens.

-Drew

And check your air pressures.

ExplorerDMB said:
still could be your tires....how were they rotated? I would swap the tires from left to right (front only) and see what happens.

-Drew

I always thought crossing the tires was a no no. Is this still true?

jp450 said:
I always thought crossing the tires was a no no. Is this still true?
Some tires are directional, but I doubt if yours are. They will clearly mark direction of rotation on sidewall if they are directional. Otherwise go ahead and swap em

Its gotta be the hub. "during accleration it pulls even harder to the right making like a grinding noise" That is definately a tell tale sound of a hub failing. I suggest jacking the front end up and push in on the tire and see if it'll move. You might wanna have someone watch the cv axle to see if it moves with it. if it does then the hub is definately bad. My drivers side started to make a grinding noise prior to me changing it out. Definately change it out before it seizes to the cv axle.

i'm not really a do it yourself guy, but how much would i be lookin at to replace the right hub?

Back