Putting a "t" in a brake line?

TheRookie

Traveling SAS guru
Reaction score
City, State
West Chester PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
OK i am kinda in a hard spot here. Let me try to sum this up as easily as possible.
I need extended brake lines for my sas. L O N G ones. So anyway I was given a set however there is a problem. My X is a 91. the drivers side brake hose is kinda funny. At the top of the hose there is a T built into it. This allows fluid to come into the hose and go out to the drivers caliper and has another hard line on it to go to the passenger side. The extended hoses I have do not have this T fitting. I have put fittings on hard lines a bunch of times but never a T. is there a place to even buy one? Someone please help. I gotta do this soon as I dont even have 4X untill I do

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why cant you use the existing one? I havent done the sas. But basic brake design should rule here. Why not just run the lines how they are from the factory into the T & to the one line up to the Master Cylinder.
It isnt hard to make them. Just make sure you have a double flare tool.

Factory T is built into the driver side hose on a 91. A 94 isnt the same way. What I was thinking of doing is putting a T in the hardline from the cylander so I have a line to the drivers side and a seperate line to the passenger. After doing some research it looks like its a common technique for many hot rods. I have someone looking into one more option for me still and if it falls through I will go with the T
edit, wouldnt even considder this if i didnt have the right flaring tools and experience using them.

Hum...have you aske Chief34 how he did it? I cant reference mine because I have ABS & only have 2 lines off the Master cyl then it splits to 4.
I did a quick search & came up with this old post I dont know if it will help you or not.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66900&page=1&pp=20
Tomorrow i'm going to look at about 7-8 different X's so i'll be able to see thedifferences & maybe come up with something.
This sounds like an easy question to awnser. Maybe i'm thinking to hard.

I would imagine many of the people here that have done large SAS's have run into this. Though only on 91 and maybe 92's.

Back