Putting in a 2023 King Ranch order | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Putting in a 2023 King Ranch order

I have a 2022 Platinum, 3.0 twin turbo. If this vehicle has the 3.0 I suggest you go drive one first. Terrible engine noise in the cabin. Before someone says its a fake noise and it's there for reason and you can turn it off, YOU ARE WRONG. Been to the dealership and they say its normal. Have tried to find another one to drive and compare and can't find one local. Drove an ST it its not as noticeable.
As mentioned in the thread on "Cabin Noise" which you started Cabin Noise , it's the turbo engine that you hear. The harder you accelerate, the more noise the engine will create. Once up to speed, it should hardly be noticeable. My Aviator is the same way. And yes, the King Ranch has the same engine.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peterk9 I read thru the other posts I had no idea about the fake engine noise. What a ridiculous idea. I would have the dealer turn that off before I took delivery.

I'm not in a position to know about differences in exhaust systems.
Hopefully another member can comment.
So why would the engine interior noise be different on a Platinum , King Ranch, or ST? They all have the same engine and I would assume the insulation is the same. Are the Exhaust systems different?
Dealership I bought it from says it’s the turbo and it’s normal. If that’s the case and since it’s a twin turbo why do I only notice it on the front passenger side?
Also, don’t want to buy a 2023 for a few reasons; interest rates, still no rear controls and supposedly a new body style and interior change was coming out this year but now has been changed. China got the new body style this year and interior

And the dealer called today, saying they have a delay/issue with the Multi Contour seats. I asked if it was an option, and he said yes, but the build/delay is unknown at this time… I told him keep it as I ordered it. I guess Ford has no idea when/if those seats💺 will be available.

Other brands seem to offer them. Most vehicles tend share set parts from the same places that contract to make the parts for them.
Have you been scheduled yet? I got my email from Ford Tuesday letting me know that I am scheduled for Nov 14!! Nothing has been said to me about the multi contoured seats so I am assuming all is ok.

Also, don’t want to buy a 2023 for a few reasons; interest rates, still no rear controls and supposedly a new body style and interior change was coming out this year but now has been changed. China got the new body style this year and interior

I think the new Lincoln and China get the new interior.

From what I saw of the Lincoln and China Explorer, it’s 99% touch screen. I like actual volume and climate knobs and switches.

I just was hoping the 2023 would get Sync4 vs 3, and the Timberline might get the Ecoboost 3.0 and high trim, like the Expedition.
Have you been scheduled yet? I got my email from Ford Tuesday letting me know that I am scheduled for Nov 14!! Nothing has been said to me about the multi contoured seats so I am assuming all is ok.
No email yet, that I know of. My dealer said the next step would be an email to start the build, but that odds are there would be delays. The person that works on the builds, told my dealer that odds are there will be a delay for Multi Contour seats across all SUV and Truck lines, and recommend dropping them. But it’s something the wife and I would like.

When did you order yours? Are you getting moon roof?

I know the contour seats, non moon roof, and bench seats for second row, my dealer thought would cause delays.

I do wonder how many King Ranches come with bench seats, and what they look like.

With no center console set up in the 2nd row it looked/felt odd. And with bench seats, the back can fold flat for sleeping and gear, along with a center arm rest, I hope has cup holders in in my pick up.

I think the new Lincoln and China get the new interior.

From what I saw of the Lincoln and China Explorer, it’s 99% touch screen. I like actual volume and climate knobs and switches.

I just was hoping the 2023 would get Sync4 vs 3, and the Timberline might get the Ecoboost 3.0 and high trim, like the Expedition.

No email yet, that I know of. My dealer said the next step would be an email to start the build, but that odds are there would be delays. The person that works on the builds, told my dealer that odds are there will be a delay for Multi Contour seats across all SUV and Truck lines, and recommend dropping them. But it’s something the wife and I would like.

When did you order yours? Are you getting moon roof?

I know the contour seats, non moon roof, and bench seats for second row, my dealer thought would cause delays.

I do wonder how many King Ranches come with bench seats, and what they look like.

With no center console set up in the 2nd row it looked/felt odd. And with bench seats, the back can fold flat for sleeping and gear, along with a center arm rest, I hope has cup holders in in my pick up.
I ordered mine on 8/15.
Yes, moon roof.
2nd row captain's chairs.
My dealer said they have not been told of delay due to seats but that doesn't mean anything...lol
If I can't get those MC seats I'll probably hold off for now. I just don't see paying over 60k and not getting an important comfort feature like that.
I have family that work in the Chicago assy plant so once mine hits the line, I'm going to have them take some pics along the way.

And I am still waiting with no updates to report.

And I am still waiting with no updates to report.
Have you checked with your dealer? It was my dealer that gave me the first real updates on my '23 Aviator. Ordered Oct. 31, build date April 5th with estimated delivery on May 6th.

Peter

Have you checked with your dealer? It was my dealer that gave me the first real updates on my '23 Aviator. Ordered Oct. 31, build date April 5th with estimated delivery on May 6th.

Peter
My dealer told me that Ford should be sending me an e-mail when the build starts, and they would update me if they learned anything.

My dealer told me that Ford should be sending me an e-mail when the build starts, and they would update me if they learned anything.
I had to call the Lincoln Canada concierge in order to get the email updates going and the last one wasn't very informative. It said "In production with ETA still shown as May 6th. It was the dealer that gave me the VIN, build week and build date info.

Peter

Well, my 2023 order was cancled (dealer is trying for a 2024). Plan on possibly going to a dealer to buy a white Kings Ranch with a sun roof and rear buckets that I did not want. Could not find a single KR without a sun roof. Meassging seats I guess are gone, (as is park assist, unless special ordered).

Did they stop doing the front and rear camera washers too? Since 2024 is a short run, figure I will get a 2023KR and see what 2025 brings, and maybe do a 2026 custom order, if things get better. Amost did an Acura MDX S-Type Active.

Does anyone have a 2023 premium technology package with the messaging seats? I could not find any.

Well, my 2023 order was cancled (dealer is trying for a 2024). Plan on possibly going to a dealer to buy a white Kings Ranch with a sun roof and rear buckets that I did not want. Could not find a single KR without a sun roof. Meassging seats I guess are gone, (as is park assist, unless special ordered).

Did they stop doing the front and rear camera washers too? Since 2024 is a short run, figure I will get a 2023KR and see what 2025 brings, and maybe do a 2026 custom order, if things get better. Amost did an Acura MDX S-Type Active.

Does anyone have a 2023 premium technology package with the messaging seats? I could not find any.
You should be able to find the answer to some of those questions by just going to the Ford website and using the Build & Price tool. For some reason I haven't been able to get into that site for the past hour or so.

Peter

You should be able to find the answer to some of those questions by just going to the Ford website and using the Build & Price tool. For some reason I haven't been able to get into that site for the past hour or so.

Peter

My main dealer and Ford have the messaging seats listed as an option for 2023-24 (my main dealer put the order request in and every week/month, the manager checked on the status), but Ford would not give my dealer an answer if any King Ranches were manufactured with the premium technology package/messaging seats. Of about 20 dealers I contacted, they reported no knowledge of them getting any King Ranch or Platinums in that had it. Only a few got the parking assistance.

It seems the rear kick open tailgate, camera washers, and a few other things were done away with (might be a glove box light and some other things as well).

Found a dealer with an almost loaded 23 King Ranch with an MSRP around $61,000 in Tri coat white, and will come down $5K on the price. Plan to see how they value my trade in tomorrow. Checked about 50 dealership for what I wanted. Everyone had lots of white KR’s and Plat’s. The few other colors were missing things like 360 camera, and every 4x4 had a moon roof that I really don’t want, and hope does not have issues.

I am hoping most of the bugs/issues have been worked out since 2020…

My main dealer and Ford have the messaging seats listed as an option for 2023-24 (my main dealer put the order request in and every week/month, the manager checked on the status), but Ford would not give my dealer an answer if any King Ranches were manufactured with the premium technology package/messaging seats. Of about 20 dealers I contacted, they reported no knowledge of them getting any King Ranch or Platinums in that had it. Only a few got the parking assistance.

It seems the rear kick open tailgate, camera washers, and a few other things were done away with (might be a glove box light and some other things as well).

Found a dealer with an almost loaded 23 King Ranch with an MSRP around $61,000 in Tri coat white, and will come down $5K on the price. Plan to see how they value my trade in tomorrow. Checked about 50 dealership for what I wanted. Everyone had lots of white KR’s and Plat’s. The few other colors were missing things like 360 camera, and every 4x4 had a moon roof that I really don’t want, and hope does not have issues.

I am hoping most of the bugs/issues have been worked out since 2020…
My last 8 vehicles all had the moon/sunroof and didn't have any issues. I wouldn't get a vehicle without one. It really seems to 'open' up the interior with the extra light. Good luck.

Peter

And I now own a Tri White King Ranch…

IMG_4113.jpeg

Back