quarter mile time for 99 sport??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

quarter mile time for 99 sport???

ford5_0

Reaction score
this weekend is opening week at the drag strip, and i was thinkin about takin the explorer out to Atlanta Drag strip in Commerce and see how it runs down the strip..i only have a k&n filter and flowmaster exhaust, so does anyone know what a ballpark time for this would be? 16 sec, 17 sec??...has anyone tried draggin their explorer at the track...if so lemme know how it went....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

typo possibly.....i called it Atlanta drag strip, but im not sure if that is what its called..but its in Commerece, Georgia nevertheless...bout 45minute drive from atlanta for me....anyway....

I'm pretty sure you can go to any of the major car magazine's web sites and get quarter mile times from there. I think the stock times are around 16 seconds like you said. I'm honestly not sure, plus your mods will make differences also. So will the amount of gas in your tank. I notice that when I have a full tank, I run a little bit better than say at 1/4 tank.
Also, what size tires are you running. Anti-slip or open diffs? If you want to get real technical, the air quality and hummidity will also make a difference. I guess all I can say is make sure your K&N is clean and check sites like CarandDriver.com.

------------------
Happy Wheelin,

Andy Statland
'97 XLT 4.0L OHC 4Dr 4x4
Warrior Twist in the works

I ran my 92 at the strip about a month ago and came out with a time of 16.77 @ I think 80 mph. I have 3.08 gears, so w/ offroad gears I'm sure you'd do much better.

Motor Trend posts 16.4 @ 83.7 for an '00 XLT 4x2 with the 5.0 V8. 16.6 @ 75.1 for a '99 XLT 4x4 with the 4.0 V6. Both were 0-60 in 8.4 seconds. This is from their April 00 issue.
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

Back