First Time down the strip!

Limited02

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
Went to Heartland Park Topeka drags last thursday to see what my Explorer could do. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 with a 4.6L V8. Only mods are a 70 series Flowmaster with 2.5 single exhaust. I met with a friend that has a 2003 Dodge Durango R/T 5.9 with a CAI to race because he said he could beat me. I know my reaction time sucks but it was my first time at the strip. The left timeslip was my first run against an S-10 with a 383 and slicks and the right was against the Durango. Next will be: CAI, electric fan, underdrive pulleys and tune ;)(Think I could get a 14.99?) Also techieman33 was there and I saw his Mounty, but didn't get to talk to him. Hopefully I will get a run in with him in the spring or maybe head to Mexico for a street run:p:

http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/limited02/?action=view&current=timeslip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn, the s10 with a 383 and slick could only muster a 12.99 @ 105?? ouch. my ranger would destroy that. lol.

That s-10 sucked for all the tire he had I would have thought he would be a lot quicker
Heres the link to all the pics my dad took
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/pwhiteelec05/races 10-16-08/?start=0
IMG_2871Medium.jpg

IMG_2870Medium.jpg

she sure is purdy though.

15's not bad :thumbsup: thats better than stock civics :D

WHERE IS MY PICTURE!!! J/K. That's the S-10 that was like, later dude. I wish I had a 250 shot of nitrous so that I could have left him standing there! Techieman33, what do you think about heading down to MOKAN for some runs? I know it's quite a drive, but it would be fun to head out one more time before everything closes. jtsmith is going to let me know when it is going on.

WHERE IS MY PICTURE!!! J/K. That's the S-10 that was like, later dude. I wish I had a 250 shot of nitrous so that I could have left him standing there! Techieman33, what do you think about heading down to MOKAN for some runs? I know it's quite a drive, but it would be fun to head out one more time before everything closes. jtsmith is going to let me know when it is going on.

My dad couldn't get his camera out in time:( I might go down, it depends on what my financial situation looks like, and if I can get the time off from work.

looks like u had fun

If your planning all of those mods you really should get an x-cal 3 too, it will really wake that thing up, and be the icing on the cake that brings all of your other mods together. With my current mods, I've picked up over 6 tenths of a second with just the tuner. And that was from back to back runs, and I've probably picked up more than that with some further tune tweaking.

I'm really disappointed with your friends performance though, either those things are Junk, or he can't drive it. He should be making ~260hp, and it weighs 4600lbs, he should have at least been able to keep up with you.

So does anyone think a 15.9 is a good run for a stock 3rd gen? I know i'm not going to scare any SS or SRT-8's anytime soon, but maybe in the future. Let me know what times you have run with a stock 3rd gen or modified and what mods you think gave you the best seat of the pants kick.

you run faster then I would....damn AWD lol.

That beats my stock time. You were running 2.2's in the 60', my truck was in the 2.4 range. My best was a 16.177@82.5mph.

Back