• Register Today It's free!

Question about intake tube

edhand

Reaction score
City, State
Kailua, Hi
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
The intake tube on my 92 is in pretty bad shape. I'm not sure how good of a job the duct tape is doing keeping extra air out. I don't want to buy a Mac intake (or something similiar) because I have a KKM on the way. I know they sell just the tube, but it's like $133. I thought about using PVC and making one, but I'm not sure about clearance. Has any one found a good replacement other than a stock one, or made one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why haven't you checked the junk yards?

..oh, you don't want another stock one. Sorry.

I bought the complete k&N and its basicly just a piece of pvc I would go to lowes and get some stuff to make ur own, thats wat I would have done If I knew what my kit was like, some rubber cuffing and metal screw clams is what k& n uses.

K&N makes a intake kit for '92s? I was looking at their site and the only thing I found for '92s was a stock filter replacement. Can you point me to the page? TIA.

PJC said:
K&N makes a intake kit for '92s? I was looking at their site and the only thing I found for '92s was a stock filter replacement. Can you point me to the page? TIA.

they dont, but you can get one for a '95 and relocate your battery.

They have them at Summit..$255. A little steep...

im going to make me one soon .. and use my 98 mustang K&N cone filter on the end of it..i got a CAI on it..

Back