• Register Today It's free!

Question about scanner reading

Panhead66

Reaction score
City, State
Gladewater, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
I have a 2000 Explorer xls with the 4.0 and on my scanner it is showing stft b1 ltft b1 stft b2 ltft b2. All are showing the same percentages except ltft b1 which is staying on 0%. Can anyone help me with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What more the other numbers saying

1. Are you using a OBDII scanner?​
  2. Does your scanner support collection of live, streaming data?​
  3. Is your scanner a cheap Chinese-made knockoff, or is it a scanner from a legitimate company?​
  4. How many minutes of driving were used to capture the data?​

What more the other numbers saying
The numbers stabilize at +to- 3 to 4at idle and 2500 rpm. When I put it in gear my short term bank 1goes to +10-11 and never gets below +7. Also in park it idles at 1100 rpm. Touch the throttle and it jumps to 2000 rpm and is very slow to return to 1100rpm. I have no codes showing so it has me baffled.

Try unplugging the IAC valve. If that drops the RPM, I'd suspect your IAC is sticking and then I'd clean it & lube the shaft at the bushing, or replace it. If you have already cleaned or replaced it recently with a major brand part, disregard this... though it still shouldn't hurt to clean it again, a quick, easy, cheap/free thing to try.

Your fuel trim is slightly high but not alarmingly so. You could have the start of a small vac leak but I wouldn't go down that road yet, until other things are explored. You might also check the temperature sensor, with a scan tool if it's capable or here are some resistance readings obtained with a multimeter provided by 2000StreetRod:

There are several topics on this forum worth exploring:

Back