2013 FORD Explorer XLT Front and rear suspension | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 FORD Explorer XLT Front and rear suspension

explec

Reaction score
City, State
Guayaquil
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Hello
I drive a 2013 Explorer XLT since new . I can say very very low off road ride, however , our road are bumpy. At 30K miles , the front suspension started making a "metal clunk" noise when hit a bump . The Ford shop said I have to replace the motor and transmission base, plus the front absorbers. Well, the nose went away and my pocket with a small hole.

Now the car has 88k miles and again the same problem , For shop..... change bases, absorbers etc.
and also the rear shock absorbers.
Nose gone, but the rear is not behaving as usual , there is a noise as a "drum beat " in the rear.
I have taken the car for more that three time to the shop And they its OK !!

As you, we know when something is not right in our cars . I maintain that the rear shocks are faulty.

The car its going to the fourth time to the shop..... planning to sell it . Don't feel comfortable whit it any more .A better shocks than EOM ? Thanks

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm not sure what the "motor and transmission base" refers to. Are they the motor and transmission mounts? I could see a possible issue with shocks/struts due to the road conditions. Difficult to say what the "drum beat" noise could be. I don't think brakes or wheel bearings would cause that sound. Shocks wouldn't make that kind of noise. Shocks would only affect the quality of the ride itself. But then, I'm not a mechanic.

Peter

Stabilizer links are a very common culprit in low speed, “clunking” noises. Cheap and easy to replace.

Good morning. Peterk9 and Cosmok

Sorry ... pls. excuse my lack of proper words ( English is not my native language) Yes... motor and transmission mounts.

Stabilizer links... I will speak the Ford shop. to check them
To both of you.... many thanks

Back