question on 3d gen storage/3rd row seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

question on 3d gen storage/3rd row seats

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
Hey 3d gen guys I am currently looking at buying a 3d gen and I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions I had about the 3d row seats.

-Is it a standard feature in all 2002-2005's?

-If the vehicle isn't 3d row equipped...is the floor compartment where the seats would fold down into still there?

-Could someone measure and give me dimensions of said compartment?

Thanks for the help and hopefully I'll become a 3d gen owner soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey 3d gen guys I am currently looking at buying a 3d gen and I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions I had about the 3d row seats.

-Is it a standard feature in all 2002-2005's?

No
-If the vehicle isn't 3d row equipped...is the floor compartment where the seats would fold down into still there?
Yes, it has a lid to store junk inside
-Could someone measure and give me dimensions of said compartment?
Not now, sorry, I'm at work

My 2005 has the third row and I keep it folded down all the time. You can still sort of store some stuff under it (between the 2nd and 3rd row) when it's folded. I wish I didn't have the third row because it doesn't make for a completely flat surface when folded.

I have one each, on the one with the 3rd row you can fit it, but you won't have any space left, in the one without a 3rd row you can fit it well, but I'm not sure if it'll fit inside the pocket below where the 3rd row would be

I have one each, on the one with the 3rd row you can fit it, but you won't have any space left, in the one without a 3rd row you can fit it well, but I'm not sure if it'll fit inside the pocket below where the 3rd row would be

I have 3rd row and the storage under the rear panels is not big enough for a bottle about 7-8" diam and 21-22" long

Unless you are talking about putting it behind the second row on the floor? It would fit there I think.

I meant behind the rear seat, not under the mini storage thing that only holds a lolly pop hehehe

Back