Quick, Need answer right, truck's not moving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick, Need answer right, truck's not moving

PYROMANIAC

Reaction score
City, State
LOS ANGELES, CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Seriously, guys, I am missing school because my truck's not working. Everything was fine unilt i stopped by for some KFC and when i was going home the X cranked but would not start. It wasnt like the battery was dead or anything but it seemd like there was no fuel reaching the motor or something because it just stalled. all the accesories came on but like i said no start. later that night when it had cooled down I went back to check on it and after much struggle i got to start. I did this by continually cranking it until the the motor started but then the the truck would not shift into anything. It seemd like the truck's tranny was gone. The truck started fine evrytime after that but then like I said there was no movement. I am wondering what this could be I knbwo that I had the tranny recently rebiuld and i had no other problems prior. I also know that this new problem came about because of the motor not starting. I am wondering if any one has any suggestions oranything befor I take to the shoppe to go be ripped off. Like always thanks in advance for any feedback even if it is to tell me that I am screwed!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The possibilities are endless. Could be bad battery cables, fuel pump relay, fuel pump itself, crankshaft position sensor, or any number of other things. Search the "Ex won't start" threads for all sorts of info. I'd try to correct the no start problem before getting to the no shift problem....

maybe your throttle linkage is screwed up.... it may think it is in gear and not start, and also once started may not shift into gear becuase it doesnt know your trying to shift it

I had a similar problem with my X a few months ago. I scanned it and resulted on a bad battery, I replaced the battery and everything went back to normal.
You should try testing with a new battery ... Hope this helps.

Arturo :bounce:

I had this problem today. I was driving in 1st gear, then i put it back in drive. I then noticed that the ex wouldnt shift, not even into park or reverse. I turned off the ex in a parking lot and looked into the engine bay. There's a connector to the cable for the transmision on the steering thingy. It popped off. As of now I am having trouble keeping it back on.

Back