Quick Paint Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick Paint Questions

Hi guys whatsup. I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Edition in Black that needs some paint jobs done to it.

Heres my question. I was pulling out of my driveway yesterday and I turned a little hard and had intense paint damage on my left front part of the car. Where the Left front turn signal is (I have to get a new fixture, but not light) pretty much ruined the paint around that area, and all the way down to the gray bumper part (top half) and above the left front wheel. Here is my question, if I wanted to get that all painted how much would it cost (average)? I want to paint it the same color btw (black). Also the rest of my car has scratches all over and I was wondering how much it would cost (average) to paint the whole car black and back to "factory standards" or close to it. I just want a rough estimate. No need for detailed costs. Thanks for the help guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rough estimate for a good shop would be in between $2500-$3500 paint jobs cost alot

For the whole thing or just the spot?

whole thing

All over paint jobs can vary tremdously. A SUV in my shop will run closer to $5,000.00.
A show quality job think $10,000.00 to $12,000.00 or more

Any thing less than $3,000.00 would make me nervous

he aint' lookin for a show job...

Ok so how about the price for just the spot? Under a grand?

left front fender under a grand yes.

If your looking for a cheaper paint go to Maaco not that best but they are usually the cheapest

yup at maaco you should be able too get that job done for less than 600 or 700

yeah good luck with that.
Color match,
clean smooth paint,
long lasting paint.
:rolleyes:
Dont make me get on another Macco rant...

we can't all afford your shops prices monmix :)

Any thing less than $3,000.00 would make me nervous

I had a buddy who had his s-10 painted for $1500:eek:

His old paint was nice, just an ugly color. Now it's an ugly color and a bad paint job. It looked like a 15 year old car's paint the day it was done. Since it was blue being painted over yellow, some parts of it are kinda green, too.

AKA, if you skimp on a paint job, you will regret it.

i have a buddy who just painted his 95 civic dx coupe himself for less than 200 dollars cause he used a shop and did all the work it's not skimped and it looks great (silver* use to faded green) sanded prepped and all...

Use to be faded green * yet another typo sorry lol

we can't all afford your shops prices monmix :)

well I fully understand that.
But pissing into a fan will bring you the relief you desire, it end up making a huge mess.
Going to the auto body equilivant of a K-Mart falls into a simular catagory.

Simply put, you get what you pay for. If you are going to spend the money you might as well go the extra mile. I would rather spend a grand for something mediocure than five hundred for ****

About 5 years ago I had quite a bit of body work (rust holes) done on my '91 by this backyard redneck and he also repainted the lower half on my Ex, all for $400. :eek: Although the body work looked great and held up well, the paint started to bubble about 2 years later and some came off.

So yeah, professional paint jobs cost a lot, but if you're gonna do it you might as well do it right the first time.

Back