• Register Today It's free!

quick question

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
The only difference between the first gen and second gen ex is just the front end , interior , taillights , and rear gate right? They still have the same body in the second gen right?

Just wondering in case in the future I want to use like a door from a second gen.

Or even better , put a first gen front end on a second gen. :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The "front end" is different, its not juts a straight swap where every bolt hole will line up.

Also I can tell you, the doors are different -- at least on the 2-door models

A deer ran into my side the other year and I had a tough time finding a door. The quarter panel was easy but the door, no

But the body and chassis is the same right? I got a drill if I want the holes to line up.

But the body and chassis is the same right? I got a drill if I want the holes to line up.

you might have to change the radiator support as well to support the weight of the fenders and front headlights and all.

2 door versions are different because they're longer then 4 doors. 2 doors (sports) have longer doors then they're 4 door counterparts. at least in the first generations.

also, if you're interested, read this:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146519

edit*

oops.

Back