Raced an Xplorer V8 in my V6.... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Raced an Xplorer V8 in my V6....

Originally posted by JJCorrell
I can't believe you guys are racing your little ole explorers... Well good luck to you racers out there and win some money when you race. You might be needing it sooner or later.

lol, that was pretty funny, even if they do say different strokes for different folks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Frshpwdr2k
2night my buddy took out his momz explorer which is a 98' V8 5.0 L and i raced him numerous times and RAPED the V8. Daaamn i am lovin the chip, Xplorer is WAY faster now..(and the V6 SOHC can tackle the V8).

I wonder what the diff is with and without the chip, if you can race him again do it once with that chip then race him again without it. Make sure that the conditions are exactly the same, including your engine temp.

Originally posted by Lemondrop
I think what kills the 5.0 is the lack of dual exhaust . Every 5.0 stang Ive seen pulls great at high rpm's . Of course they have true duals . Also , the sports has 2 less doors and the related weight . Now if you stuck a 5.0 in a sport :)

Yeah the 5 liter stang have good high rpm, although their much better down low. My 4.6 has a great power band in the high rpms.

v8=3 speed w/ o/d auto with 3.73's vs
v6=5 speed auto with 4.10's...

don't get too happy, v6'ers... besides, your towing is hunk, and that's what the truck was made for... towing and hauling. IF you want to race... get a car.

Why ford put a 3 speed auto in combo with a transfer case that cannot be disengaged is unknown to me... but I think it's incredibly gay. Gas milage blows ass, and I'm about to get a Jeep limited v8, with the 4.7 litre engine that pumps out 230 horsepower and 335 lb ft of torque and comes equipped with a 5 speed auto, and the selec-trak transfer case that can be taken out of 4x4!!

just my own opinion and $.02

update on cummins engine, hey i live in VB and i'll look around for the guy with that car, there are actually a number of people around here who have lifted or modified explorers, and maybe i can get some of them to talk on this site!

Originally posted by 97 Eddie Bauer v8
v8=3 speed w/ o/d auto with 3.73's vs
v6=5 speed auto with 4.10's...

don't get too happy, v6'ers... besides, your towing is hunk, and that's what the truck was made for... towing and hauling. IF you want to race... get a car.

Why ford put a 3 speed auto in combo with a transfer case that cannot be disengaged is unknown to me... but I think it's incredibly gay. Gas milage blows ass, and I'm about to get a Jeep limited v8, with the 4.7 litre engine that pumps out 230 horsepower and 335 lb ft of torque and comes equipped with a 5 speed auto, and the selec-trak transfer case that can be taken out of 4x4!!

just my own opinion and $.02
The V8 Explorer has a 4-speed auto actually.

Race

Yo EddieBauer V8, whatz the problem if u wanna race your explorer. It migh be "made" for towing but it makes it that much tighter when you have an explorer that can race. Cars that have been tricked out are a dime a dozen.... Explorer's that are tricked out arent. Oh yea and J**P's are homosexual

I am looking for more horses for my 4L. Is computer chip the best way to go? Already have TB spacer and K&N filter plus 50 flowmaster. It definately goes when i stomp it, but it still seems slugish in lower RPMs. Also, how much are they and are they easy to install? Any suggestions appreciated.

Originally posted by black crowe
I am looking for more horses for my 4L. Is computer chip the best way to go?

if you want horsepower, get the supercharger first.
a supercharger, headers with less restrictive exhaust and air intake, and a chip. almost forgot the nitrous too. a better cam will also help a lot. that should give you plenty of power:)

ya cant expect our explorers to be fast. they arnt fast cars. if ya want just a lil boost then yeh get a superchip. youll probably notice a little difference but its still going to be the explorer

U can too

Yeah u may not be able to expect them to be fast in the beginning, but u CAN make them fast. One word: TROLL

yeh thats true. you can make anycar fast as hell. it just takes money. if ya have the money to supercharge then do it. but just doing little things like intake and chip etc... wont make that much of a difference

Omg yeah. My 4.0L v6 SOHC takes down v8's all the time! Especially off the line. The 5.0L v8 has about a 10.1 second 0-60 time whereas the v6 sohc is around 8.1. I love my ex.

ive raced Diablo5969 a few times. twice with my mom's 95 Buick Riviera. both of them 6s, buick gotta 3.8 and the X a 4.0. Diablo5969 had his intake at the time, but anyways. the buick is much heavier but has help from a supercharger, and the X is light and quicker. Our first race we both got on the gas the same time, and he kept up till about the 3rd gear. then i just pulled but not too far. next light, i held the brake and gave it some gas to about 2000rpm. light went green, and i had from the line down. Then over time, ive raced him a few times in the Stang. one time he got me off the line cuz i was looking down, but by the end of second gear, i had passed him. the many other times, there wasn't a chance for him. wether the street or the highway.

those sohc's sure are fast aren't they. i don't even race other explorers. and i smoked yet another new body style gt today. this on even had cobra rims, a roush style body kit, and exhaust. i pulled up to the stopligh bumping mystikal adn he was KISSING his blond girlfriend with the top down. i was like "alright you need to get taughted" so i revved er two or three times. then held it at about 2,300 rpms. when the light switched i had him by half a car length by the time we got across the intersection and by 60 it was at least 2 or 3 full lengths.

i think i'll go start a thread 'cause my explorers fast. maybe everyone with v8s can post there and say that explorers with 347s in them are slow. well actually i won't cause i don't want to look like a hater.

not to doubt you, but might have been a possible 6. but since you killed it you probably never heard the engine tone. roush makes 6s with duals..........but still your engine is a **** load bigger then the GT's 281

no it was a v8 but it was a fake as5 roush. it was a gt with the body kit crap on it. it was definitely a pretty stock 4.6. i've raced them tens of times and the results are always the same. good bye:D as for the 6s there are so many girls driving those to school down here it makes me want to throw up. i want to yell at them and tell them to go buy a v8 'cause in the future the companies are going to be building cars to attempt to please them adn i don't want to have to choose from the crap they will be building to keep them happy.

how is a 302 a lot bigger than a 281. maybe you thought i had the 347, i don't i was just saying that all of the sohc guys making a thread ripping on the v8s would be like me ripping on troll.

Originally posted by expo5.0
no it was a v8 but it was a fake as5 roush. it was a gt with the body kit crap on it. it was definitely a pretty stock 4.6. i've raced them tens of times and the results are always the same. good bye:D as for the 6s there are so many girls driving those to school down here it makes me want to throw up. i want to yell at them and tell them to go buy a v8 'cause in the future the companies are going to be building cars to attempt to please them adn i don't want to have to choose from the crap they will be building to keep them happy.

how is a 302 a lot bigger than a 281. maybe you thought i had the 347, i don't i was just saying that all of the sohc guys making a thread ripping on the v8s would be like me ripping on troll.

well, hows a 302 bigger than a 281? its got 21 more cubic inches, thats how ;)

and im not gonna try to defend some of the less thought-through statements by some of the people on this thread, but, stock, a sohc explorer sport is faster than a v8 explorer.

out of curiousity, expo5.0, what do you have done under the hood?

Originally posted by expo5.0

doh, yeah i thought you had a 347. girls in v6s are ok with me, as long as the loser of the race blows the other its all good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stock plus an e cam and the stuff that had to change to make that run right. it very much resembles the 275 hp crate mill

Back