• Register Today It's free!

Radius Arm Brackets

backfrmcolorado

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce Twp, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie B explod*****
Alright... the problem is my radius arm brackets. The guy i bought the truck from never replaced the bushing except for once back in 2004. My question is, do i need to somehow strap the frame together when i pull the brackets off because it kinda looks like it is a crossmember and i just want to be safe and not have a frame that will bow and i will have a hell of a time trying to get everything back together. Has anyone tackeld this job recently?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I put my lift on I cut the cross member off and put blocks under them... I didnt do anything to hold the frame together...

think Ford was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone with that dealio cause you look at the aftermarket lift and no one runs the crossmember across.

even the TTB in the full size trucks do not have it either from i have seen.

Besides Nearby there is a body mount above where the brackets are bolted to the frame so the frame is not going anywhere.

ok cool guy thanks for the help. i know it was a dumb question but id rather be safe than sorry

ok cool guy thanks for the help. i know it was a dumb question but id rather be safe than sorry

no such thing as a dumb question here! thats what this site is for.

right on man

Back