• Register Today It's free!

Radius arm bushing disaster

davidhicks16

Reaction score
City, State
oreana il
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Today I changed my radius arm bushing. The rivets were already replaced with bolts so I just unbolted the bracket. It came apart with no problems, I put the bushing on front side of the bracket and bolted the bracket back to the frame.

Now the problem I am running in to is I can not arm threw the bracket far enough to get the back side of the bushing on the arm and the big nut started.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you tried unbolting it from the frame and starting the bushings and nut so that it will be ready to tighten up when you get the bracket back on the frame.

Yeah than I have 8 bolts that wont reach the frame instead of one nut.

I just cant figure out why I cant get the radius arm pulled back far enough.

set it back ont the ground block the front tire ease the truck forward set the parking brake crawl up under there and tighten the nut. even easier u want? use a ratchet strap or a come along hook it to the front axle and the frame and pull it back

set it back ont the ground block the front tire ease the truck forward set the parking brake crawl up under there and tighten the nut. even easier u want? use a ratchet strap or a come along hook it to the front axle and the frame and pull it back

I think I owe you a steak dinner. Thats awesome advice you got there.:thumbsup:

that is what I figured the front end rolled out a smidge when the arms were loosened

if im ever up that way i might just take u up on that. lol

Back