• Register Today It's free!

RainX Latitude Blades?

axiom

Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport - RIP
My wiper blades aren't exactly cutting it for me. I have no idea how old they are since I bought my truck used in Feb, they're a set of generic RainX's but they're basically just smearing the rain on my windshield so it's actually easier to see with a little rain than after wiping. So I figured I'd look around on eBay to see what I could find and I found a set of these for $24.95+$5.95 S&H. Are they worth spending $30 on or should I just go with a cheaper set of blades?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rain...012QQitemZ220097578551QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have Bosch Icons which are very similar and they're worth it.

Eh... did a search on eBay and they're more for one than the pair of Lat's I found. Unless I find a deal on the same level for those I won't bother.

when i first got my EX it had the Motorcraft blades on it and those were so nice. Gonna have to get another set of those. I bought a set of "Adoco" i think it is and they suck. After i get a new windshield (man i hate rocks:mad: )

im running those bosch icons also had them on for 5 months now
if they last the 4 or 5 yrs as advertized it will be well worth it and im leaving them on yr round not changing to a winter blade like i used to
i even got the blades an inch longer then stock an may have had room for 2 inchs they give me full contact on the windsheild from park to end of ark woof woof thats my other dog imatation

I got my explorer last April and it came with wiper blades that I swapped for RainX blades I picked up from Auto Zone. Used them for the year and replaced them again last weekend. I stand by the performance of the regualr RainX blades on my truck. I recently got a new windshield and the blades wipe the glass like no other blades I've used. No streaking or anything else when using them

I got my explorer last April and it came with wiper blades that I swapped for RainX blades I picked up from Auto Zone. Used them for the year and replaced them again last weekend. I stand by the performance of the regualr RainX blades on my truck. I recently got a new windshield and the blades wipe the glass like no other blades I've used. No streaking or anything else when using them
Hmm... maybe I'll take the cheaper route and bank on mine just being old and needing a replacement.

I just started my 99 in January with a new set of blades, Michelin. I was at Walmart and that was on my list, I wanted something not high, and not plastic. I had never heard of them before, the price was reasonable, about $7 per side.

These are the quietest wipers that I have ever used, and I am picky, so try them. Good luck,

Back